View Full Version : MoreMickey's wet long weekend

MoreMickey
03-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Date: Thursday March 11-Sunday March 14
Cast: Me-MoreMickey
Mr. MoreMickey
ds-B
dd-A

Thursday: We started the day off s ...l...o...w. We didn't make it out the door until after 9. It rained on us the entire drive in. We had a quick lunch and just after 1 we were entering Animal Kingdom. There was a small break in the rain after we arrived.

First stop was the safari. The stand by line said there was a 10 minute wait but we walked right on. The animals were out in full force and we had a great time.

Second stop was Camp Minnie Mickey. We had about 35 minutes before the next Lion king show started so we posed for some pictures with Mickey, Minnie, Pochontas, Meko, and Thumber. Again no line at all.

After the Lion King, the rain returned. We spent some time admiring the Tree of Life. We had over an hour before the next Nemo show and with most things closed due to the weather we decided to head out.

We decided to split a pizza at POP Century for dinner. We were hoping the rain would stop so we could walk around the resort before heading to our hotel but it was not happening.

Friday: MK in the rain! AWESOME. I can count on my hands the attraction/rides that we chose not to do. Excluding Pan and Snow we walked onto everything. It was great. We left the park after 7 hours. Soaked but so happy.

Saturday: We tackled Epcot. It was a beautiful day and you could tell by the number of people in the park. We didn't spend much time in the World Showcase except for a quick visit to take a picture with Mulan. The fairy Garden and the Butterfly house was a huge hit with A.

After a day in Epcot we headed to the ESPN Zone. I have never been there. Mr MoreMickey has visited several times but never have we been as a family. I was not impressed. The kids meals were a waste of money for our family. They were over $8. They included an app of either carrots or a side salad but they wouldn't bring it first "because the plate is shaped like Mickey Mouse". The salad was in a seperate bowl so I'm not sure why they couldn't bring it out first. So we had a small melt down while we waited for the full mickey plate to arrive. The kids did like the cupcake but it was a pain having it served with their pizza. So A ate a cupcake and half a pizza instead of a pizza and part of the cupcake.

Sunday: We checked out of our hotel and headed for DTD. We did some shopping and then had lunch at T Rex. B loved it! After that it was time to hit the road and come back home.

faline
03-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Sorry the bad weather put a damper on your plans!

BigRedDad
03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
We were at AK that day too. Int hemorning, there was a 5 minute down pour then lioght rain until about 3PM. Then it dumped the rest of the night and most of Friday.

mouseketeer mom
03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Thats great you walked on everything you wanted at the MK during that rainy day.

KylesMom
03-14-2010, 11:22 PM
I agree - the day at MK in the rain with all of the opportunities for walk-ons was amazing.

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Kenny1113
03-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Haha we were there also! Our friends Also enjoyed the walk on at MK on fri. I agree Epcot was very busy!!! We were at DTD on sun as well! Both sat and sun were gorgeous! :mickey:

goofynmd
03-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Interesting comments about ESPN Zone. Most restaurants try to accomodate requests to bring out kids meals first, or however the parents want it handled. Not very family friendly in my opinion. I will remember to avoid going there as a family.

pdrlkr
03-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: