PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Dad's Adventure Day 1

BigRedDad
03-14-2010, 07:17 PM
March 6
Cast: Grandma, DD, and me (DW comes down on Tuesday)

We wake DD up at 4:45AM for the airport run. We tell her we are going to WDW and the reaction was far less than expected. Grandma, DD, and I arrive at the airport with no hiccups or delays. I had Cinderella call to wish her a happy trip from Enchanted Calls. DD could have cared less. I think she could not hear it.

We land at 8:50AM and arrive at CSR by 10AM. Quick and no issues with transportation. No issues with check-in, no question or asking for AP vouchers, and our room was ready. We hike over to Cabana 8A room 8104 with a view if the woods blocking the Ranchos building. Very close to Bus Stop 4 and the Dig Site. We arrive at Guest Services to turn our AP and FL Pass vouchers in. Grandma's voucher has issues and was going to take a little while to correct. DD and I go in to Flame Tree BBQ and get lunch. About 10 minutes later grandma joins us.

We spend the afternoon hitting Dinoland, Nemo Show, looking at animals. It was a laid back afternoon because it was an early morning. After the Jammin Jungle Parade. DD enjoyed it and Terk gave her a big hug from the parade. Only minor issue was getting her hair wrapped. The store (can't remember the name) had a water main break and we couldn't do it. Very minor and act of God so no issue and DD was not too upset.

We head back to CSR so DD can run around the Dig Site a little to burn off the last bits of energy she had. The pool restaurant closed before we ordered, so I had to huff it to the Lobby to get a dinner for us. It was our first experience of Pepper Market. I got a steak to share with my DD. We could not eat it because it was tougher than the sole of my shoes. I could not even rip a piece off with my teeth, let alone cut it with a plastic knife. I call down to complain, they offer to deliver another to the room, but I asked for the charge to be refunded and they did.

It was a no muss, no fuss day. Just minor hiccups. This was the first of many experiences dining that were mediocre at best for the most part. All in all, it was a great day.

faline
03-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Less than great dining for sure. Glad youve arrived and hasd a relaxed Animal Kingdom day!

mouseketeer mom
03-14-2010, 09:38 PM
That steak sounds awful!

KylesMom
03-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Sorry that DD had a less than stellar response to the trip - and that you encountered a few hiccups the first day. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow! :mickey:

BigRedDad
03-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Sorry that DD had a less than stellar response to the trip

DD had a great trip. Her response to the Enchanted Call (https://secure.uvoxnetworks.com/disney/) from Cinderella was far less than expected.

We had a great trip. Hiccups were to be expected, some were just more exaggerated than they should have been.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
03-15-2010, 07:24 AM
We have stayed at the CSR twice. The Pepper Market for us was a hit or miss. Some good meals , some not so good. All meals expensive.

vizsla
03-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
03-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
03-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Minus the steak and your daughter's reaction (which probably the lack of excitement was due to the early hour) it was a banner day!!!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
03-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Thanks for sharing the startof your trip with us!

Ropachs
03-17-2010, 11:37 AM
We had bad luck with the Pepper Market as well, glad they at least agreed to refund your money!

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the report!

You have had the sole of shoes before?

Did you try some hot sauce... :D :ack:

pdrlkr
03-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: