LudwigVonDrake
03-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Has anyone tried the "new" hot dogs at Casey's? Any reviews? Thanks :wave:

caryrae
03-14-2010, 06:49 PM
How new are they?

wdw_bound
03-14-2010, 06:53 PM
DS and I ate there for the first time in January. The dogs were good. I had mustard and kraut, DS had ketchup. The buns were wholegrain, which may bother some people, but that's how we eat at home. I'm pretty picky about my hot dogs (all beef, either Nathan's or Hebrew National), and I plan to go back for more on our next trip.

LudwigVonDrake
03-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Back in Sept. or October they changed the hot dogs from all-beef to a beef and chicken mix at Casey's. Do they taste any different?

Carolanne
03-14-2010, 09:20 PM
I was in WDW in September when they made the switch from all-beef. I didn't know at the time that a switch was being made. On my last day in WDW, my mom & I got our usual Last Day in WDW Hot Dog; I thought my hot dog tasted a little off. When I got home, I heard the news about the switch. I was not pleased.

Stu29573
03-15-2010, 07:30 AM
I haven't tried them and I won't. I don't like companies dictating to me that I have to eat whole grain, chicken-mixes, etc. I eat healthy at home, by choice. If I want to splurge on a vacation, so be it. It's my choice. In this case, my choice is to no longer eat there...

Ms. Mode
03-15-2010, 10:07 AM
I haven't tried them and I won't. I don't like companies dictating to me that I have to eat whole grain, chicken-mixes, etc. I eat healthy at home, by choice. If I want to splurge on a vacation, so be it. It's my choice. In this case, my choice is to no longer eat there...

My DH just loves Casey's...but now I think we may have to head over to Germany for a REAL dog. :)

FriendsofMickey
03-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know when in September they switched.
We were there in September and I remember not caring for them as much as I did in the past.
I didn't like the buns or the dog. I remember telling my MIL that they used to be better. This probably explains why.

LudwigVonDrake
03-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Another question: Was it only Casey's that got the new dogs or is this a property wide change?

TheRustyScupper
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Has anyone tried the "new" hot dogs at Casey's? Any reviews?

1) By themselves, like rolled and stuffed cardboard.
2) With lots of condiments, like rolled and stuffed cardboard with toppings.

LudwigVonDrake
03-15-2010, 03:49 PM
^ I'll take that as a negative review :laughing:

PETE FROM NYC
03-15-2010, 04:23 PM
We tried the dogs last September. They were lousy, and just had a bad taste.
I do not remember ever getting a decent hot dog anywhere in Florida.
Nothing beats a NYC dirty water push cart hot dog, except Nathans.

Carolanne
03-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know when in September they switched.
We were there in September and I remember not caring for them as much as I did in the past.
I didn't like the buns or the dog. I remember telling my MIL that they used to be better. This probably explains why.

I was there 9/20 to 9/25. I had my hot dog on 9/25, I'm pretty sure I read the change took place on 9/21.

1) By themselves, like rolled and stuffed cardboard.
2) With lots of condiments, like rolled and stuffed cardboard with toppings.

What he said :D .

LudwigVonDrake
03-15-2010, 07:27 PM
If this is a property wide change I probably won't be having hot dogs in WDW anymore.

Carolanne
03-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Another question: Was it only Casey's that got the new dogs or is this a property wide change?

I remember reading it was a property-wide change.

cer
03-15-2010, 09:13 PM
We unfortunately had never had Casey's hot dogs until our trip Feb 2010. Sorry to say we were not impressed and likely will not return...:(

LudwigVonDrake
03-21-2010, 06:27 PM
^ The "original" hot dogs were awesome :tasty: Too bad they changed them :(

twinboyz
03-22-2010, 12:36 PM
We were there in August last year and it looks like we had one of the last good ones! Nothin' like having a Casey dog sitting on the curb on Main Street! Bummer!:mickey:

finaldynasty
04-08-2010, 11:07 PM
It is a bummer to hear...had I know they were going to change the dogs I would have had one on my last visit.I will try the new one, but can't promise I will give it a true chance.

LudwigVonDrake
04-09-2010, 06:01 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

#1donaldfan
04-09-2010, 09:33 AM
We were there in August last year and it looks like we had one of the last good ones! Nothin' like having a Casey dog sitting on the curb on Main Street! Bummer!:mickey:

.....yep, I suppose our June visit was our last great hot dog......we loved going there over the years and it was becoming a trend of ours, I just don't know if we will try .... hopefully by this coming June they'll change back....???? I can wish, right ????:cool:

jonahbear2006
04-10-2010, 02:36 AM
I had a caseys hot dog in december. I am pregnant and that was the only thing that sounded good and I thought it was fabulous. I didn't see anything wrong with it and didn't notice that I was eating a whole grain bun. Im trying to notice now, thinking about it and still can't recollect. It was nice and juicy and tasted like a ball park type dog from a stadium would. I do remember they carry gluten free hot dogs because we waiting in like for 20 min so the woman ahead of us could get one. lol. As for making it a bit healthier, I am all for it. I think America does not take the food thing seriously and we are really paying for it.

PetefromRI
04-10-2010, 09:29 AM
We tried the dogs last September. They were lousy, and just had a bad taste.
I do not remember ever getting a decent hot dog anywhere in Florida.
Nothing beats a NYC dirty water push cart hot dog, except Nathans.
Amen to that!!!

wdw538884
04-10-2010, 05:41 PM
I agree with Ludwig above. I prefer the french fries with the cheese sauce at Casey's though

OogieBoogieMan
04-10-2010, 11:05 PM
I thought they were lame after the switch to whole wheat buns...very disappointing.

WDWNut02
04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
What a bummer. Why mess with a good thing? :confused: