PDA

View Full Version : Which Option is better?

hlkeck
03-14-2010, 09:59 AM
We are going back in Sept with my SIL and BIL and 2 nephews for their first real visit. Staying at Boardwalk. Kids ages will all be: 8,7,6,and 4. This will be my kids' 6th trip.

Here's the quick rundown: we are getting the regular dining plan. We all met and agreed on specific ADR's but now I'm re-thinking that. We arrive late on Thurs night and leave early Tue morning. 5 nights of TS, but if we don't make ADRs for Thur night then:

Everyone (but me) wants:
Chef Mickey's - dinner
Garden Grill - dinner
Hoop dee Doo - dinner
Donald's Safari - breakfast

I have never been to HDD, so I dont know if it's really worth 2 TS. My instinct is to add in an extra breakfast and do it this way:

Donald's Safari - breakfast
Crystal Palace - breakfast
Chef Mickey's - dinner
Garden Grill - dinner
Whispering Canyon - dinner

Which means one day we will have a TS breakfast and a TS dinner. Which MAY be too much food for that day. We've done the plan before and it's a lot of food.

Any thoughts? I want them to have a wonderful magical trip and I don't know if HDD is worth the two credits vs. them missing out on Crystal Palace and Whispering Canyon.

Thoughts?????? I have a couple days before ADRS...

scootch713
03-14-2010, 10:43 AM
For me HDD probably was not worth 2 TS.... but when I took my 2 girls(age 6 and 9) on their.... hmmm... 4th or 5th trip to disney.... it was the highlight of their trip!! They LOVED it... still talk about it.

One thing I never minded using 2 TS for something as my kids did not like to hardly stop to eat, let alone do a sit down meal every night.

So I guess it is about your thoughts.... is it a more balanced vacation(adults should get to do what they want to.... which that is fine) or are you a wash like me who does whatever makes the kids happy, makes me happy......

sounds like a great trip!!

jenperich
03-14-2010, 04:19 PM
I have been to Crystal Palace for breakfast and it's awesome! Great character interaction and very good food. Although we paid OOP for that breakfast, I would not hesitate to use a TS credit for it.

I have also eaten at Garden Grill for dinner. I have only eaten at Whispering Canyon for breakfast. Both restaurants were delicious, and I would not hesitate to use TS credits on those either.

I probably would hesitate to spend 2 TS credits on HDD. It's a great time w/good food, however I would probably pay OOP for that.

KAT1811
03-14-2010, 05:33 PM
I think the HDDR is well worth the 2 TS credits. It's great fun and something I think you have to do at least once!

I wouldn't want to be tied down to a meal every day of my vacation. We prefer to have some flexibility to park hop or just grab a quick bite instead of being chained to our ADRs. So a night or day off may be a nice change of pace.