PDA

View Full Version : Dining in Boardwalk area

DizneyDoug
03-13-2010, 07:18 PM
We will be travelling in late July and have never been to the Boardwalk area and we plan to spend on night there checking it all out. Any suggestions for good meals around there (resort or on Boardwalk)?

hlkeck
03-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Il Mulino at Swan and Dolphin is good.
Beaches and Cream at Beach Club is fun.

I haven't tried Kouzzina but it has some good reviews. Not a lot here as most people walk over to Epcot to eat - which stinks for those of us without park hopper passes...

Gaz10
03-14-2010, 11:28 AM
If you do plan eating at Boardwalk its a good idea to make a reservation at your chosen restaurant.we stayed at the Beach Club last year and found it very difficult to just walk up and get a table and the wait times were quite long.

Jeffybob
03-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Try the Flying Fish Cafe. We were there February 2010, and prior to that, in September, 09.

In both visits, the service we received was great; we really enjoyed our servers. They have created a nice atmosphere and dining experience but better yet, the food was REALLY GOOD!

P.S. >>> Make reservations!!!

Hope this helps.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2010 - BWV - Valentines Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

RAIDER
03-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Its not flash but its relaxing for a lovely sunny day for lunch and thats the Big River Brewing Company . :thumbsup::beer:

PetefromRI
03-14-2010, 03:30 PM
The Flying Fish is an awesome place to eat.It's a little pricey being a Disney Signature Restaurant,but worth it.The Red Snapper dish is wonderful.

MOJoe
03-15-2010, 02:19 PM
For casual dining...
Big River Brewing Co. on the Boardwalk
Beaches n Cream at the Beach Club
ESPN Club (you can't miss it! )

Captains Grill at the Yacht Club for moderate dining,

And for a very special evening.....
Todd English's BlueZoo at the Dolphin
Flying Fish at the Boardwalk

Others will have their favorites, but these are my picks. Enjoy!

ElenitaB
03-15-2010, 07:22 PM
If you like Greek/Mediterranean food, you might try Kouzzina. We really liked it and ate there three times (twice for dinner and once for breakfast). We've never been to the Flying Fish but may put it on the rotation at some point in time in the future. Have tried Big River and it might have been an off night for them, but I don't recommend it.

PlutoPlanet
03-16-2010, 01:05 PM
We ate at Kouzzina last year and will eat there again. Check out the menu. I had the wrapped fish. It was very moist and flavorful. The service was first rate.

I'm not that impressed with the ESPN club. It has pub food, but I'm a bit more adventurous.

I had a nice steak at Big River, the brew pub. Yes, the beer was very good too.

Belle619
03-16-2010, 02:41 PM
I recommend the Flying Fish Cafe. I had the scallops there and they were the best that I've ever had! My sister had the red snapper dish that another poster mentioned and she too loved it!

We haven't been to Kouzzina yet, but the menu does look fantastic (but, I'm Greek, so I may be biased!)

prttynpnk
03-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Another vote for Flying Fish and Kouzzina! :mickey:

big blue and hairy
03-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Kouzinna is good for both breakfast and dinner.

:sulley:

Bellewannabe
03-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Flying Fish is a regular part of every Disney trip for us and Kouzzina was added to that list recently. We were there the first week it opened and have been back 3 times since! Definitely check the menus, specifically Flying Fish, because they can be expensive and if nothing appeals don't waste the money. Flying Fish also offers the option to sit at a kitchen side counter to watch the food prep. Always looked like fun to me but we've never tried it because we are usually traveling with the highchair set.

Have been to both ESPN and Big River - both were unimpressive.

WVParkfan
03-18-2010, 09:07 AM
I have never been to Flying Fish, but hear great things. I HAVE been to the Big River Grille and Brewing Works and really enjoyed it. Beers are excellent, and they change out quite often.

Food there is very good. I had a "blackened Mahi Mahi Caesar Salad" that was fabulous. Plus, they have outside seating on the Boardwalk. If you like good beer and a casual atmosphere, Big River is great for both.

Kaszia
03-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Another shout out fot the Flying Fish. It is a must do on all our trips. By far the best seafood I have ever had!