PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Prediction Calendars

wendybird
03-13-2010, 02:36 PM
I have read people refering to a crowd prediction calendar with numbers like 8 and 9 for high crowds and 3 or 4 for lower....where do you get these numbers?? We are visiting April 28th - May 6th and I would like to see the current predictions for crowds during that time...Thanks!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
03-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Those come from a site affiliated with the Unofficial Guide book. You have to buy the book or subscribe to see out more than a month. However, the thing to remember with those numbers is that they are wait time estimators for the main rides at Magic Kingdom. They really are not "crowd" estimators. A 7 in November will feel very different than a 7 in July in terms of how crowded the parks are, even if the wait times are the same. So, it's only semi-useful and not always very accurate. I look at it as more of a curiosity than anything else, but I've discovered they tend to adjust their numbers 2-3 weeks before the trip is planned which means any future planning I was doing based on their numbers is out the window.

ryca1dreams
03-14-2010, 09:24 AM
I agree with Chris. They are fun to look at, but they are based on some sort of mathematical algorithm with a myriad of input factors. Remember people are people and if little Jimmy has the flu or there's a freak tornado in Detroit or airline price hike, that changes a lot of things.

I go by general rules (like the one on Intercot info central) and remember that anything can happen.

Gregandmel
03-14-2010, 10:07 AM
You are going the same time frame as I am and the crowd levels are anywhere from 4-7 that week - basically pretty average - or "moderate". Just get to the parks at opening and make good use of your fast passes and you'll be fine! Having a good touring plan is going to help tremendously. :thumbsup: The crowd levels are based on the 3 main attractions at MK (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain & Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - I think those are the 3) and what the "peak wait" will be for those 3. It doesn't take into account the other theme parks or the other attractions. It's more of a guide on how long you would wait if you were visiting at the peak times and standing in line without fast passes. Again - just get to the park at opening and know what your plan of attack is! Enjoy!! :mickey:

Through the looking Glass
03-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Used to be a big fan of that site till a few years ago. Planed each day on the crowd number and found out it really didn't mean a thing. We go every year at that time. It all changes with discounts, how long the school year is, and the economy. Went to MK one year when it was supposed to be a 7 and it was really like a 2. No wait lines, ran on to TMR with no que lines.
Went to EPCOT one day that was supposed to be a 4 and it was more like a 9 with all the school trips. Was so crowded we had to leave. The only thing I watch now is the EMH's. Seems the parks that have that have slightly higher crowd levels.

sorry my :twocents: