PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Space Centre tours?

Julie_Mouse
03-13-2010, 11:56 AM
On our May trip (57 days from now! :mickey:) we will be 2 families of 4 travelling (all adults). Much to my dismay, the 2 DFs (perhaps the least Disney-obsessed individuals of the group :secret:) want to take a day to head to the Kennedy Space Centre. The rest of the group wouldn't dream of giving up a day at Disney for anything, so it would be just those 2. At this point we have no plans to rent a car, so I'm wondering whether any of you have any experience with bus tours from the WDW-area that transport to the KSC and back. Where do they do pick ups? I assume it would be a full-day trip.

On the other hand, if anyone has done the cost comparison, would it be cheaper to just have them rent a car for the day and drive down themselves? There is actually a launch happening during our vacation (May 14) so they would probably want to see that, which I believe requires a special admission, and I'm not sure if you can buy that separately from a package.

I'm totally at a loss with this non-Disney stuff! :confused: Any help appreciated!

1DisneyNut
03-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Believe it or not Kennedy Space Center is very interesting and has a lot to do and see. Most everyone I know of that has gone enjoyed it so the rest of you may want to reconsider especially since there is a launch and it will be one of the last few launches of the shuttle fleet. Now, if they go on the launch day, some of the features of the park are not going to be operating or closed. Also it will be very crowded that day. The special launch tickets usually sell out within minutes of going on sell on their website but you really don't need them. You can see quite well from the park or outside of KSC on the various streets close by. You can even see it from WDW but you can't distinguish the shuttle from the smoke trail. If you go on a non-launch day get there as close to opening time as possible because it takes all day to see and do everything. We have always had our car but I do remember seeing bus tours that leave from WDW every morning for KSC. I believe mears has a KSC tour. Check their website for info.

magicalmom
03-31-2010, 06:19 PM
If you have any interest at all in space flight or astronomy, you might want to join the DFs - we were there last summer and loved it, even the two teen-aged Disney-maniac DDs. The ticket came with a free second day, and we used it, and still didn't get to see everything we wanted to. :thumbsup: for the Kennedy Space Center!

NJGIRL
03-31-2010, 10:31 PM
:thumbsup: for the Kennedy Space Center!

I agree. It really is worth seeing at least once. The drive from Disney is really not that bad.