PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Rooms @ CBR

disneyfan922
03-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I am looking for some feedback about the Pirate Rooms at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We are going the 1st wk of Nov and will not have a car. How is the bus service to the main pool/food court? Is it a long walk? Also, how is the bus service to the parks?

fatboy
03-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Internal resort shuttle can be slow. It is an honest 10 to 12 minute walk to OPR. Transportation to all the parks can vary from great to ok. Over the course of a week you will get a bus in a minute or less, probably average a 5 minute wait and once or twice ave to wait a while. I love CBR, however i am not crazy about where Trinidad South is. If you are not locked into the Pirate room yet for the same price you can get a preferred location. That would put you within a 2 minute walk to OPR and the main pool. Overall the resort is great.

RedSoxandPatsfan
03-13-2010, 09:27 AM
The rooms are awsome! The buses are exactly like the previous poster said. Internal bus can be the longest wait, but it depends on your luck and when you get to "station". You can walk to Old Port Royale it takes ~ 5 minutes at a normal pace. It is a nice walk though. Beautiful grounds. I'm sure you'll like it there. We did.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-13-2010, 12:04 PM
The rooms are awsome! The buses are exactly like the previous poster said. Internal bus can be the longest wait, but it depends on your luck and when you get to "station". You can walk to Old Port Royale it takes ~ 5 minutes at a normal pace. It is a nice walk though. Beautiful grounds. I'm sure you'll like it there. We did.

We did, too! :pirate:

andreallybadeggs
03-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Guess the fact that those responding to your query are displaying pirates so proudly might be a tip off that we're going to give you a good review.
Yes, the pirate rooms might be a bit longer walk
for you.
For us, strolling the grounds of the CBR is one of it charms and I don't think it ever took us more than 10 minutes from point A to B. Meanwhile,
forget about kids-- seeing my pirate-loving husband's eyes light up every time we walked back into that room was worth the extra $ and the extra time. Probably wouldn't stay there every time but it sure was a fun treat for one of our visits to the world. :D

disneyfan922
03-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Thank you for your input. I'm going to keep my Pirate Room reservation. :thumbsup:

Suz36
03-18-2010, 03:05 PM
You won't regret it! We loved it!