PDA

View Full Version : Resort Monorail how late?

DisneyHoneymooners
03-12-2010, 02:32 PM
We are staying at BLT this September. It is our first time staying in a monorail resort. We are planning some early morning and late night ADRs at some of the other monorail resorts. Can anyone please tell me how early the monorail starts running and when it stops?

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-12-2010, 03:36 PM
I would say at least 1-2 hours before and after the parks close... and that's for all the parks. Usually MK or EP are open the latest and have to get the people home! I have been at the poly as early as 7am and the monorails were running. I have also been at Epcot until midnight (with an 11pm closing) and the monorail was still running.

I don't think there is a set schedule for the monorail.

Morpheous
03-14-2010, 07:36 AM
They usually post the times somewhere near where the Monorail station is at each resort. It's been my experience though that they keep the monorail running 2 hours after the last Park has closed (or EMH has ended).

With that said, None of the Restaurants stay open longer then the Magic Kingdom I don't think. I remember asking that question from a CM during out first WDW trip in 05, and they told me not to worry that they wouldn't leave us stranded at another hotel.

I'm pretty sure they operate the Monorails with all of that in mind. :)

DreamFinder2
03-14-2010, 01:03 PM
I've often worried about this, too...but ultimately, WDW will get you where you need to go, when you need to get there. We've even been "stuck" at the TTC and a CM started up a bus for us and took us to our resort late one night. Not the norm, I'm sure, but don't EVER worry about being stranded somewhere.

:mickey:

javamama
03-14-2010, 03:44 PM
I thinks it's approx 2 hours before the MK opens and 2 hours after they close approx. A quick way to check is look at the the first ADR's for some of the resturants in the MK. Or look at the park hours for that week when they come out.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-15-2010, 10:54 AM
I've often worried about this, too...but ultimately, WDW will get you where you need to go, when you need to get there. We've even been "stuck" at the TTC and a CM started up a bus for us and took us to our resort late one night. Not the norm, I'm sure, but don't EVER worry about being stranded somewhere.

:mickey:

This happened to us on our honeymoon. We parked at MGM and then hopped to EPCOT. I got a little toasted :marg::marg: and DH sobered up just in time to remember that our car was at MGM which closed 2 hours earlier. We were also one of the last people to leave EPCOT since I was determined to "catch" the sparkly pavement outside of Spaceship Earth.

We stopped an angelic CM with mickey gloves in the parking lot and they waved (literally) down an empty bus that took us to the MGM parking lot and dropped us off almost on top of the hood of our rental car.

You will NEVER be stranded!!! :thumbsup:

DisneyHoneymooners
03-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks for all the replies :thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-16-2010, 08:51 AM
In the event of the odd chance that you are at a resort and the monorail has stopped or not started, you can take a cab. It's not that expensive between monorail resorts and the CMs can get them easily for you as needed.