PDA

View Full Version : Better Late Than Never - American Idol Experience Day PART TWO - Day 4

poeticeclipse
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
The Cast
Stacey - That's me!
Nancy - My mom!
Ed - Longtime friend!

If you'd like to see pictures of me from auditions and on stage just follow the link when you click on my username. That will direct you to my blog. Scroll down and find day four.

After lunch we walked around quite a few attractions, went into some shops, and got our dinner reservations switched at Guest Relations. After One Man's Dream (best attraction at DHS by the way) we went into the restroom right outside. After I came out of the stall I could tell this woman was looking at me. Then I was washing my hands and she stood there staring. Her companion came out of the stall next to me and they gossiped together. Just as my mom joined me they came walking over going, "you were great on the show today! For half the show we thought you were a cast member standing in." I got a good kick out of that one.

By the time the evening rolled around we were actually getting pretty tired. I was pretty much ready to get the performance overwith. I went backstage at AIE about an hour before the show. I met the other 5 contestants that i'd be competing against. I've gotta be honest, it felt cut throat backstage. No one talked to each other and some people threw out some death stares. There were also a couple of sets of stage parents that annoyed the heck out of me. We all had to introduce ourselves to each other and say what song we'll be singing. Immedietly I could tell who would be crowd favorites based on the songs they chose. When the black girl said she was singing "Respect" I knew we were all toast.

We all got touched up by hair and makeup again and got our mic packs put back on. I was told that I would be closing the show yet again and had the privalage of the coveted seated interview. Only one person a show does this. We did blocking with the stage director again because now instead of 3 people there would be 6. After all that we just sat nervously backstage waiting to go sing.

One by one people went on and came off. It all flew by so fast. I really was wishing at that point that they hadn't chosen me to go last. The only person who seemed even friendly enough to talk to me was a guy from England. Everyone else kept to themselves for the most part. It was finally my time to go on and I was feeling the pressure. My nerves really had a hold of me this time for some stupid reason. I did my little interview and they played the same clip that they did before with people cheering for me outside and a cute little asian boy saying "Stacey, you're my American Idol." They started the music before I even got out of my seat. Threw me off my flow a little bit. I did fine though. I felt a little more tense and my voice was kind of getting some of that tenseness. After my performance the judges gave me some critiques. The first judge liked me, and the female judge said she liked my stage presence and the tone of my voice but that I could have been more solid on the high notes. If the female was just "ehh" on me I was worried about the "Simon" judge. To my surprise he told me that my performance was his favorite. That I had the most personality, was the most marketable, and all around the most talent. I was shocked and so happy.

Judging time came and to none of our surprises it was the girl who sang "Respect" that took the cake. She really did an awesome job and deserved to win. I had a blast doing AIE and would totally do it again since I can't get enough of performing.

Mom was waiting for me right outside again and I got lots of hugs from her. We both were so pooped and so hungry that we were just excited to be leaving the park and heading to dinner at Cape May Cafe. We had to take the boat over to Beach Club from DHS that night. When I got on the boat there were people that were at the show congratulating me and even some from Michigan saying that I represented the state well. The older couple we sat next to told me they voted for me. How cute :)

Dinner started off bumpy because the reservation that Guest Relations had made for me must have not gone through properly because they didn't have us in the system. They were still able to squeeze us in on a busy evening and we waited maybe fifteen minutes for a table. Cape May Cafe has always been one of mom and I's favorites. It's typical clambake food with some regular "meat and potatoes" selections.

After a very exciting day at DHS we headed back to Pop Century and met up with Ed again. The three of us went to Downtown Disney together. At World of Disney a very nice family stopped me and gave me their support. They were from Indiana... just south of where i'm from. They were at the first show and saw me so they came back to support me for the finale. Apparently they were rallying to get people to vote for me outside of the theater before the show. HAHA! They thought it was a crock I lost the last show. I explained I didn't do it to win anything... just to get to perform.

I was so happy to hit the hay at about midnight that night after saying 'bye' to Ed. He left the next morning. What a great day mom and I had!

tazlikesrobots
03-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing your experience!

mouseketeer mom
03-12-2010, 06:01 PM
That is certainly a one of a kind day at Disney!! Thanks for taking us through your journey on the AIE!

yjgirl32
03-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
03-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyorBust
03-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it sounds like an exciting day!

KylesMom
03-15-2010, 11:04 AM
All around, what a fantastic day for you, Stacey. You had a great attitude about the AI attraction, and even had fun with it. Good for you!

We're going to Cape May for dinner for the first time this trip - I'm excited to be giving it a try. We've found a few times that when we've changed dining reservations they don't make it into the system. I'm glad that they were still able to seat you.

I can't believe you had enough energy left in you to go to DTD - impressive!

Thanks for sharing your experiences at AI with us all - I know it will help other folks out when they go through their audition! Congratulations! :mickey:

faline
03-15-2010, 12:13 PM
What a great experience you had! You must have felt like a celebrity will all the post-performance attention you received! What fun!

MegaDisney
03-18-2010, 02:22 PM
WOW! All or your reports so far have been fantastic!

I actually got choked up reading about you winning at AI! Congratulations!

Thanks for posting your reports! On to Day Three!