PDA

View Full Version : Move Tickets to Room Key?

Dream'nDisney
03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
I am trying to figure out if I should buy tickets now or wait until we check in. If we purchase tickets now, say through The Official Ticket Center, for a discounted price, does WDW still transfer tickets to our room keys if we want? I'd feel much safer having our tickets on our room keys in case they got damaged or lost.

faline
03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
You should be able to transfer tickets to your room key upon arrival.

Dream'nDisney
03-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks. I just hate having a paper ticket that could get wet, torn or lost and not be able to do anything about it.

CleveRocks
03-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Disney's "paper" tickets are fairly indestructible. They can't tear, and they laugh at water. They're made of Tyvek, a material typically used to "wrap" houses that are under construction.

They can be voluntarily cut with a knife or scissors, but they can't be torn with your bare hands. And they stand up perfectly well to being left in pants pockets and put in the washer and dryer.

Scar
03-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Yep, I was determined to tear one after it was used last year. Spent a few minutes... the ticket won.

Dream'nDisney
03-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Wow. I guess it has been a long time since I have had a "paper" ticket. It was actually "paper." :silly:

Dream'nDisney
03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Well, I just called WDW and spoke to a castmember to confirm that we could buy our tickets and then move them to our room key on arrival, and she said "No, we had to order them thru WDW and add them to our reservation." Sometimes I really don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing there sometimes. LOL So, now my delima is whether or not to save a few dollars by ordering through the Official Ticket Center and take the chance that they won't add them to our room key, or order thru Disney at full cost to ensure that my tickets are on my room key.

joonyer
03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
I have ordered tickets several times from OTC, and always have gotten plastic cards. I have transferred them to our "key to the world" (room key) cards at check-in every time with no problems or questions whatsoever. Unless Disney has recently changed its policy, (in which case someone here will tell us) you should have no problem doing the same.

sgdisney
03-19-2010, 11:57 AM
The one time I transferred tickets to my Room Key I was told they could do it as long as the Park tickets had not been used at all. They did it and it worked just fine for me. It is much easier to have it all together.

WishingStar2006
03-19-2010, 12:12 PM
I thought is was strange that the Annual Passes were paper and not plastic...now I know the paper is indestructible....that's good to know. Now I just have to remember where I put it when I'm not a WDW...LOL!!!

I have another question....what if you are purchasing a MYW package with a one day ticket to utilize the discount and discount on dining but you are an AP holder so you won't use the ticket....does the ticket stay on the Key to the World card until you use it????

faline
03-19-2010, 12:37 PM
I have another question....what if you are purchasing a MYW package with a one day ticket to utilize the discount and discount on dining but you are an AP holder so you won't use the ticket....does the ticket stay on the Key to the World card until you use it????

Yes. In December, I just used two tickets we had obtained this way. In the future, though, IF free dining is offered, folks may need to purchase more than a one day ticket to get the package - Disney may tie the number of tickets that need to be purchased to the number of nights the person will be staying.

CleveRocks
03-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Well, I just called WDW and spoke to a castmember to confirm that we could buy our tickets and then move them to our room key on arrival, and she said "No, we had to order them thru WDW and add them to our reservation." Sometimes I really don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing there sometimes. LOL So, now my delima is whether or not to save a few dollars by ordering through the Official Ticket Center and take the chance that they won't add them to our room key, or order thru Disney at full cost to ensure that my tickets are on my room key.

The person you spoke with on the phone was just plain wrong.

This is an alarmingly frequent situation. The problem is that Disney does not train its telephone answerers beyond theier exact role. Their exact role at 407-W-DISNEY is to sell resort reservations, sell tickets, and make dining reservations. They receive no training in how the ticketing system works ... they only learn what this ticket entitles you to, what that ticket entitles you to, and so on ... they receive no training in how the ATS (Disney-speak for the ticketing system) works.

The same thing happens when people call to ask details about resorts, or details about the theme parks, or about how Disney's Magical Express works, and so on.

The GOOD NEWS is that the staff at your resort know that you CAN move your park tickets from their original medium onto your Key To The World card, and they will be happy to do it for you while you're there. I promise you, they will do it for you. :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
03-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Dream'nDisney, is your room reservation at Disney World definitely a room-only reservation and NOT a package reservation. If you booked some kind of discount that requires you to book a package reservation (or booked a package reservation just because), you do in fact have to buy your tickets through Disney Reservations.

So I just want to make sure that you are booked using a room-only reservation...

Dream'nDisney
03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Well, I thought this was the case, but I wasn't sure. We have always purchased our tickets at check-in, so it was never an issue. Yes, we are just a room-only reservation. So, I guess I can prepurchase my tickets and move them to our room key upon check-in. Thanks! :mickey: