PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree

ljgirl
03-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Is this restaurant a buffet? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Tygger7
03-12-2010, 10:13 AM
I believe it's family style...you can check out the menu on Info Central for specifics.

queenmom9497
03-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Nope. It's a sit down (table service) with an "American flair" type menu. Colonial dress/decor-one of our favorite restaurants esp since we can get our Wisconsin cheese curds here! :party: Typical American food-turkey, roast beef, etc. Worthy of a try. Hope this helps!:mickey:

azcavalier
03-12-2010, 10:18 AM
It's "family style", meaning that there is no menu to order from, but there is no buffet, either. It is all you can eat Turkey Breast, Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Mac and Cheese, Rolls, etc. They bring it all out, you eat it, and they bring more if you want.

Our family loves it. It's actually pretty similar to the menu at Garden Grill, but we've had better service at LTT.

WelshieLover
03-12-2010, 11:28 AM
We ate there in January. I have to say that the food in my opinion was not very good. It was served lukewarm, he turkey gravy was too thick to pour (my son's observation), and the beef was dry. The side dishes were OK, but for the price I have eaten many better meals at WDW. My husband mentioned how it cost the same as our Askerhaus meal and it was not in the same league. We will not be eating there again.

MMFreak
03-12-2010, 11:39 AM
We ate here once years ago and we were not impressed. Although it was nice to dine with the characters in colonial dress the food was not the usual Disney GOOD food we have come to love.

The stuffing is not homemade it is Stouffers and neither is the Mac & Cheese so that should give you your first clue right there. Not that there is anything wrong with stouffers stuffing or boxed Mac & Cheese but if you are paying that much money something as easy as those two dishes you would think would be homemade.

lighteningqueen
03-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Just Horrible. It was the worst meal we ate at the world this past Dec. Stouffers is even better than that place. Cold dried out food. Gravy tasted like perfume was poured in it. Tiny portions and the waiter came only one time during our meal. Dessert was barely there. Just DH and I and we got one small scoop of Ice cream and no kid you 1 Measuring cup of cobbler. NEVER again. This is not what we think in the south that Thanksgiving meals should taste like. But we do think it should not even be served to the homeless. Sorry IMHO

faline
03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Last I knew, lunch is served a la carte but dinner is served family style.

KylesMom
03-12-2010, 11:52 AM
You didn't mention if you were looking for lunch or dinner.

Lunch is ordered via a standard menu which contains sandwiches, salads, etc.

Dinner, as stated above, is served family style (as much as you want brought to your table) and is a traditional "Thanksgiving-Type" meal.

Disney1977
03-14-2010, 09:35 PM
At lunch they have a menu. We had lunch at Liberty Tree last January and it was very good.

My husband has Celiac Sprue (wheat allergy) and the chef made him delicious mini sliders, which were not on the menu. I had the fish and it was super. All of my children were happy with their lunches.

We would definately go back for lunch.

Ms. Mode
03-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Liberty Tree was our first character meal and we just loved it. The food was good in our opinion (we didn't care for Akershus at all) and you can get refills on everything (which we didn't need because what they brought filled us up). :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
03-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Lunch is ordered via a standard menu which contains sandwiches, salads, etc.

Dinner, as stated above, is served family style (as much as you want brought to your table) and is a traditional "Thanksgiving-Type" meal.This has been our experience too.

I much prefer ordering off the menu at lunch, I had wonderful roast beef sandwich there last December. The Thanksgiving-type supper menu is just too much heavy food, IMO, and too much waste when folks can't eat all that's brought to their tables.

Dragongirlx
03-15-2010, 11:45 AM
The lunch menus is very nice My twin and I ate there last September. I hd the roast beef sandwich which was beautiful and she had the hugest salad I have ever seen which was just lovely too