PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest VS T-Rex?

DisneyPrincess21
03-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I am trying to decide where to go for my upcoming trip in September, I have been to Rainforest at AK before and enjoyed it a lot, but I have never been to T-Rex. Which do you like better and why?

I will be going on a night after visiting another place during the day (no I am not going to universal) So I won't be getting reservations there till probably about 8:00pm.

So I was thinking if I go with Rainforest at AK it should be relatively quite considering the time. Or should I go with the Rainforest at DTD since it will be so late?

jenperich
03-12-2010, 01:39 AM
My vote goes for RC @ DTD only because I have never been to TRex, and I would think that it's easier to get an ADR @ DTD. TRex looked really neat from the gift shop though. I think they basically have the same menu, as I believe they are owned by the same company. Either way you'll have a great time!

paragon
03-12-2010, 07:44 AM
I didn't vote, I don't like either of them. They are virtually the same really, over the top theming, and possibly enjoyable for the kids. But we found both too be just too loud to actually enjoy what amounts to a very average at best, meal. I guess if I had to I would probably take the Rainforest though.

RAIDER
03-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Ive been to T-rex and RC at DTD and i prefer T-Rex by a whisker but thats only because i think the menu is better . Both are loud and noisey but if you have been to RC you may as well visit the other in order to cross off your list :D

ps i recommend the Pork Shank at T -rex its amazing :thumbsup:

DVC2004
03-12-2010, 08:18 AM
T-Rex is better- the food, the atmosphere. There's only 2 in th world. We have a Rainforest Cafe 10 minutes from our house so to us it's no big thing anymore.

Ms. Mode
03-12-2010, 08:24 AM
T-Rex is a lot like Rainforest, if I were you I'd check out the menu to make sure it has something you would like to try and go there. Trying something new can be fun. :thumbsup:

disneymom15
03-12-2010, 09:36 AM
We've done both. I prefer T-rex, the menu suits us a little better.

#1donaldfan
03-12-2010, 02:10 PM
....been to both, like both, but I vote T-Rex...just because you indicated you've not been...it's worth the experience.....they are virtually the same...menu a little different, sights different, but same concept.....just sayin':cool:

BigWes6
03-12-2010, 05:09 PM
T-Rex for me! Food is better ... Plus you can build your own dino ala Build-a-Bear:thumbsup:

forever a child
03-12-2010, 06:19 PM
I voted for T-Rex only because we have never been there before. But we have been to Coral Reef in Nashville and RFC in AK. I think they are both the same...overprice average food.:rolleyes: It is the atmosphere you are paying for and I assume T-Rex is the same thing. Therefore, I would just pick the location and theming you are most interested in.;)

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-12-2010, 07:02 PM
I would go with T-Rex mainly for the theming and atmosphere.
I thought the food was slightly better there and they are both ridiculously overpriced, even by WDW standards IMHO.;)

goofygirl67
03-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I love T-Rex. I go about 3 times during my trips. The theming is better and so is the food. I've always thought they gave plenty of food. I usually go alone so I sit at the bar alot. I find the barstools at RFC hurt my backside and legs but the one's at T-Rex are comfortable. One thing I don't suggest is sitting in the ice room, it changes colors and it is difficult to see.

5togetherWDW
03-14-2010, 04:24 PM
If you are trying to do a walk-in, I would agree that the one near Animal Kingdom would likely be less crowded (unless the park happens to be open late, so closing at 8pm that night.) But, it sounds like you are making reservations -- if you are going to make them anyway - then I would recommend trying T-Rex. We went last year and we enjoyed the novelty of it, as well as the theming. The menus are different -- so it would be wise to check them online before deciding. (I haven't looked recently, but assume T-Rex now has their Orlando foods posted -- back when we went they only had the other menu, which include pizzas that are not available in DTD.)

LudwigVonDrake
03-14-2010, 06:22 PM
T-Rex for food, theming and the Nachos :tasty: