PDA

View Full Version : Poly Monorail ?

Jessietoystory2
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
We are thinking about staying at the Poly in July. We have never stayed on site before. Can I get to MK and Epcot by way of monorail?

Ed
03-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Absolutely. :thumbsup:

You can take a monorail to the MK or to the Ticket & Transportation Center where you'd transfer to an Epcot monorail.

faline
03-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Depending on where you're staying at the Poly, it might even be quicker to walk to the Ticket & Transporation Center and pick up the Epcot monorail without first taking the monorail from the Poly.

SBETigg
03-11-2010, 07:14 PM
You can also take a boat launch to the MK, which is a nice way to go. It's a small boat that travels between the MK-Grand Floridian-Polynesian. When we stay at the Polynesian, we sometime take the boat and sometimes the monorail. And yes, for the Epcot monorail, it's easiest to walk to the Transportation and Ticket Center and catch it there, but sometimes we take the one monorail around and transfer to the Epcot monorail. Very pleasant!

Scar
03-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Depending on where you're staying at the Poly, it might even be quicker to walk to the Ticket & Transporation Center and pick up the Epcot monorail without first taking the monorail from the Poly.I'll go even futher than that and say it's quicker to walk to the TTC from any Poly building than it is to take the Monorail.

DizneyRox
03-11-2010, 08:11 PM
I'll go even futher than that and say it's quicker to walk to the TTC from any Poly building than it is to take the Monorail.

Unless you're a snail or married to one, this is true.

Polynesian Dweller
03-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I'll go even futher than that and say it's quicker to walk to the TTC from any Poly building than it is to take the Monorail.

Absolutely agree. From the Poly the TTC is the third stop even though it's next door. From anywhere on the Poly grounds it's a maximum 7 min walk. I also agree with others to take the boat to MK. Great way to get there.

CleveRocks
03-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Actually, the Transportation & Ticket Center is the FOURTH stop after boarding at Polynesian. You stop at Grand Floridian, MK, Contemporary Resort and then the TTC. This is a slow process, in that the monorail makes its stops in the manner of a commuter train rather than a bus. For the urban-challenged among you, that means that the monorail pauses at every station for a few minutes, rather than stopping for only a few brief seconds.

The ride all the way from Poly around the long way to TTC will take roughly 20 minutes.

For me, the walk to TTC is the way to go if I'm Epcot-bound ... unless of course it's the last day or two of my trip and my feet are killing me! :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
03-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah it's the fourth. I was counting the actual stops thinking about how the monorail can wait at each for a few minutes but didn't state it right in the post. The monorail can sometimes have an extended wait at any if then, especially CR. It's because of those 3 waits that we don't even think of taking the monorail to the TTC and haven't done it in years.

We gave also had very slow trips to MK from the Poly if the monorail waits at GF. Seems more common in midday. Since the boat goes directly from the Poly to MK it can sometimes be faster.

Jessietoystory2
03-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Thank you everyone for your great advice! My son is graduating this year and has always wanted to stay at the Poly. So we thought we would stay on site as a present to him. We usually stay off site and rent a car. I thought if we stayed on site and could get around easily, then I could save money by not renting a car and use that money to stay at a nice hotel on site.

bouncer
03-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Congratulations to your son & good luck to him!:thumbsup: Enjoy your stay at the Poly- you just may get spoiled and not want to stay anywhere else!

SBETigg
03-18-2010, 12:16 PM
We stay on site and never rent a car. The buses run pretty smoothly from the Polynesian, too.