PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Saga: Eclipse (in theaters June 30,2010)

NotaGeek
03-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Did you guys see the new 90 second teaser trailer? Looks good!

Eclipse Yahoo! site (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810074301/info)
Eclipse Official site (http://www.eclipsethemovie.com/)

PharmD
03-11-2010, 06:39 PM
:thumbsup::number1: Can't wait:D

KarenP
03-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh yes, it does look good. I can't wait!!

offwego
03-11-2010, 06:53 PM
It looks very good, and it's my fave of the books so I'm really looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

WishesFan13
03-11-2010, 08:49 PM
It looks really good, can't wait for 6/30. i can't get off of work so i'll be going on a few hours of sleep, but i wouldn't miss the midnight premiere.

LauraleeH
03-11-2010, 09:00 PM
I think it would be really cool if they filmed an alternate ending for the dvd. Like their lives 20 years from now...just for Team Jacob fans to watch ;)

DisneyWhirled
03-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Can't wait!!!

Jenemmy
03-12-2010, 07:14 AM
:thumbsup: I am so stupidly hooked on this series. Never thought I would be, but I am. LOL

Disneypixie513
03-12-2010, 08:40 AM
I basically watched it as soon as it hit the internet. It's probably my favorite out of the series, but I never know for sure. Some days it's Eclipse and other days it's New Moon that's my favorite. I'm 100% Team Jacob, and I know I'm going to cry during Eclipse. I did when I read the book.
I will be at the midnight showing for sure!

I think it would be really cool if they filmed an alternate ending for the dvd. Like their lives 20 years from now...just for Team Jacob fans to watch
HAHA! This made my day :D

RedSoxFan
03-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Looks good. DD13 can't wait.

pink
03-13-2010, 10:27 AM
I loved it. :mickey:

tyandskyesmom
03-16-2010, 01:41 PM
We can't wait either!!!

KylesMom
03-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Add me to the list - loved the trailer & can't wait until June 30th! :mickey:

brewcrew26
04-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Woo-hoo! Can't wait for it!

Who thinks they'll go see it in 3-D? I'm on the fence...I don't think it will add anything to the movie experience.

Disneypixie513
04-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Who thinks they'll go see it in 3-D?
I don't think it's going to be in 3-D. It's going to be released in IMAX, but that's it...(as far as I've heard)
They are thinking about doing Breaking Dawn in 3-D. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

StitchFan#1
04-04-2010, 08:08 PM
I am super duper excited! Im am a total 100% team Jacob person and I will probably freak when he leaves. I hope they incorparate him in more than in the book like they did with Edward in New Moon.

brewcrew26
04-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't think it's going to be in 3-D. It's going to be released in IMAX, but that's it...(as far as I've heard)
They are thinking about doing Breaking Dawn in 3-D. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

I thought I read somewhere Eclipse was going to be in 3-D, too. Maybe I was mixing them up, though. :blush:

Arielfan98
04-12-2010, 08:56 PM
I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! :woohoo:

pink
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
I thought I read somewhere Eclipse was going to be in 3-D, too. Maybe I was mixing them up, though.

Eclipse is not going to be in 3D. They're considering making Breaking Dawn 3D but that isn't even definite yet. However, I have read that it is almost 100% definite that Breaking Dawn will be made into two movies. For those who want to know the new trailer will be released pretty soon and the script was really good, it had so many funny parts in it. :mickey:

Disneypixie513
04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Did you all see the new trailer? I found it online a few hours before it aired on Oprah. I am so excited for this movie. I liked how the 1st trailer focused on the love triangle aspect and the 2nd had the action part of it.
I'm still worried about how much I'm going to cry for Jacob. :secret:
66 days!

threedrunkduck
05-09-2010, 02:52 AM
I can't hardly wait to watch the movie

Disneypixie513
05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
I got my tickets for the midnight showing! I am very excited.

I'm glad to hear about the progress with Breaing Dawn too. November 18th, 2011 :thumbsup:

smcd
06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Just picked up our midnight showing of Eclipse!! Has anyone picked up the Bree book?

Disneypixie513
06-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I read it online first. I really liked it, and I didn't want it to end. I plan on buying a hard copy of it.

tyandskyesmom
06-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Ok...we've got our tickets for Wednesday night (we gotta work after all!) but as I see more and more of the trailers, I am starting to think that as a super fan of the book I am going to be big time disappointed in the movie this time around.

It seems to me like they have changed a lot of the story around...some big and some small changes...but changes that change the feel of the story from the book. And after reading the Bree book, some of the changes fit better but it makes me think they pushed the Bree book out before the movie in order to keep the book's fans from being quite as disappointed.

Anyone else feel like this? Or am I just being silly!

Oh, and by the way, no alternate ending...Bella would never choose Jacob...it wouldn't work...we're Team Edward all the way! :thumbsup:

Niecyboo
06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
For once, I get to take my girls to the Midnight showing, since it is summer break. Normally I make them wait until after school showing the first week. I'm really excited to be "one of the first" I just hope I can stay awake until 2 AM (I'm getting old).

BellesRose
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm not that excited for it yet...no one believes me because I've been the biggest fan for years, but I just don't care this time around :unsure:

joanna71985
06-25-2010, 09:34 AM
I can't wait!! I have my ticket for the midnight premiere next week!

KylesMom
06-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Any thoughts from those that went to the Midnight showing last night? :fingers:

Niecyboo
06-30-2010, 12:36 PM
OK, we went last night and everybody agreed it was the best movie to date. There are some changes: some good and some bad, but in my opinion the storyline stayed pretty much the same. Sure, they added a back story for the "Newborns," but it doesn't take up as much time as they make it seem in the previews. They also had to (of course) cut a few scenes. They consolodated the scene where Jacob comes to the school to warn them to stay off their land with Bella jumping on the back of his bike. There is another scene in the fight scene w/ Victoria that I think they screwed up, but I won't go into it as it could be a spoiler.

Apart from the movie, it was interesting to see a opening night Midnight showing. I don't think I've ever done that with a movie before. Funniest thing happened. We got to the 15 theater movie complex around 10:45 and the line was already wound around 3 sides. My daughters saw some friend that got there at 8:30 who offered to let us jump in line. We chose not to, since there were 7 of us (2 adults, 3 teenagers and 2 tweens). about 11:30 we went into the complex (we were still way back in line) to use the restroom, the 3 friends were literally the next to go in the theater (we were divided by ropes). They knew me well enough to tease me about what great seats they were going to get. Well, about 35 minutes later we FINALLY got into the complex (this was 12:05...They misjudged). We were told all 15 theaters were filled, so our choices were to just pick a theater and sit in the first 4 rows or split up. There were still a ton of people in line behind us too. Well, we picked a theater, walked in (entrance is about 1/3 way back) and who do we see but the 3 girls who had gotten there at 8:30! To top it off, they had 3 empty seats around them. The teens sat there, the tweens took the front of the theater and us two old ladies sat one in front of the other about 2/3 back. I honestly think I enjoyed it more not having a group of giggling girls talking through the whole movie, and boy did we get to tease those other 3 girls afterwards.

Disneypixie513
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
I will start off saying that Eclipse is my favorite book, and I was so excited for the movie.
I really liked the movie, but I liked New Moon better. Parts of it seemed too condensed, others were fine. At times, the transitions between scenes were awkward and rough.
:spoiler:
Two things beyond irked me.
1st) Bella was not supposed to cut herself during the fight with Riley and Victoria. Edward stopped her in the book, so that bothered me.
2nd) Where was the scene in which Jacob runs away?!?! Although I was not looking forward to seeing it because I bawled in that part in the book, it really needed to be there. I know the future of Breading Dawn wasn't certain, but I don't know how they're going to include that. If it gets cut or changed in BD, I'm not going to be very happy.
On the positive note:
I absolutely loved the new Victoria, which surprised me. The action scenes were amazing to watch. I was cracking up during the tent scene and the scene with Bella and Charlie were having a discussion in the kitchen. :secret:
Overall, I really did love it, and I can't wait to get it on dvd. :thumbsup:

tyandskyesmom
07-01-2010, 08:45 AM
I saw it with a couple of friends last night. I was very worried going into it. As a huge fan of the books (like I could go through them all in less than a week and have at least six times!) I thought from the previews I had seen that I was not going to be happy. And I could not get the same kind of excitement that I had for New Moon going into it.

Well, I still don't know what to think!

I usually give the movies of books I have read a rough review but this one just...JUST!

I almost don't even know what to say...

I get leaving things out of a movie becasue you cannot just put a book on the screen but I feel like they changed way too much of the book to put it on the screen. Even after putting out the Bree book, they seemed to leave out or do a pretrty big change for the movie in a lot of the really good parts of the book. I felt like I was missing things. And some of the things that were changed, seemed to change the characters personalities too.

I think if you are just a fan of the movies, you will like it...it was a good movie to go along with the series but if you're a huge fan of the books, I think there will be some level of disappointment.

And that's not to say I cannot wait to add it to my collection. And I still have to take the kids...Skye was very mad at me for going without her! She has her Team Edward shirt all ready for this weekend!!!

I am scared for Breaking Dawn!

RedSoxFan
07-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Kourtney (13) and I saw Eclipse this afternoon. We both liked it and thought it was very good. I did read The Short Life of Bree Tanner before I went which went into great detail about the newborns.

KylesMom
07-07-2010, 12:23 AM
DS, 12 1/2 and I saw it Friday night - 7 pm showing. The audience in our small town was predominantly couples & older women, although DS saw a few girls he knew. (He was embarrassed.) We had to wait in a fairly long line prior to entering the theater, even though we got there an hour before the show.

I had read "Bree" before seeing the movie, and I didn't think that the release of the story was a ploy to change the plot. Every Twilight movie thus far has been somewhat different than the books - and this one was changed too, in our opinions. Not better, not worse, but changed. We both certainly liked it better than New Moon - but we'll need to see it a few more times before we decide if it's better than the first. Unfortunately, however, the music still does not live up to the first soundtrack!!!

Granny Jill A
07-29-2010, 02:53 PM
I had not read any of the books, so I had to watch the first two movies back to back in order to be up to speed on the third installment. I enjoyed Eclipse so much more than New Moon and the first one. Eclipse filled in a lot of background about the characters, and the action was first-rate.

And isn't Jasper just the cutest thing?