PDA

View Full Version : Dining Question

cmshelton1979
03-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I am thinking about downgrading from Deluxe dining this year to the level below it....1ts 1 qs...I have only ever done the deluxe....my question is this.....how do they distinguish the credits? Can you stack the qs for a ts? I am trying to weigh it out if i should go deluxe or not.....

Disneyfun
03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
To the best of my knowledge, the quickservice credits are not able to be converted into Tableservice credits. You can convert a table service into 2 quickservice credits however.

I have found that the regular dining package is more than fine for me and my DW as long as we are not doing a lot of the signature restaurants. If you have planned out your meals along with the list of restaurants, that should tell you how many TS credits you are going to be needing. If you find that you are only 1 TS shy, I would recommend just paying for one meal out of pocket as you might not be able to realize the savings that you should by upgrading to the deluxe.

Now, if you are planning on doing a lot of Signature and dinner show meals, then you will need the deluxe to cover your credits. Just do a lot of homework on the menus and make sure that you are going to get your money's worth.

Ms. Mode
03-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Nope, I tried once to get a muffin for breakfast using the Counter Service meal, they wouldn't let me do it because a muffin is considered a snack. Darn :mickey:

FriendsofMickey
03-12-2010, 11:23 AM
We find the 1 TS, 1 CS, and 1 Snack a good option for our family.
Disneyfun has given you great advice. Figure out where you want to eat. Then figure out which plan fits you best.

I also do not believe that you can change a CS to a TS.

beksy
03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't know of them allowing changes to the type of dining. It is easy to tell how many of each you have remaining. Each time you use the credit, the receipt lists how many more of that type of meal you have left (ex: if you eat at a CS meal, it will say you have x CS credits remaining on the receipt and the same is true for snacks and TS). Also, the lobby concierge can print out a paper at any time listing what you have remaining. I usually do this about mid-trip to make sure everything is adding up like I think it should be. One thing to consider is that the appetizers are not included on regular dining plan and have to be paid for OOP if that is a big deal for you. Also the refillable mug is not included.

Jillirose
03-13-2010, 04:26 PM
You can't exchange the QS for TS, but when we were there in FEB I wish I could have! We just ended up paying for a few extra table service at lunch (SCI FI), which we felt weren't quite worth a TS. So, we had a few extras left. Each time you spend, it shows the tally left on the bill. Also, we did not get to do any Signature dining, because it would take up too many TS. So, I would look carefully at how many TS (1 or 2) are required at the places you enjoy... it may be worth it for yout to keep the Deluxe pan.

eandrsmom
03-14-2010, 09:24 AM
We've done both plans, and found that the regular plan worked out great for us. Three large meals were too much for us. We ended up not using a lot of credits. I guess it depends on what type of experience you want. We don't do a lot of signature restaurants. We usually eat something light in our room that I've had delivered from Garden Grocer, then either have one CS and one TS meal. The Rainforest Cafe is a MUST DO for my kids, so we used the extra TS credit for dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse one night. I'd look at where you want to eat, then see what will work for you. Disney keeps track of all of your meals, and what is remaining on your plan. I always put my receipts in an envelope at the end of the day, just to make sure everything is correct. I've never had a problem with credits being incorrect, but I've heard of it happening.

Genie1953
03-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Some places will let you use a table service credit for a quick service meal......and some places will not. One thing I am fairly certain of is that they will NOT exchange 1 table service credit for 2 quick service meals. So using a table service credit at a quick service place is not really economical at all.