PDA

View Full Version : How Many Days for Universal?

DisneyFr33k
03-11-2010, 12:06 PM
We are considering adding this to our WDW trip. How many days would we need to plan to get the most out of what Universal has to offer? We'll be going with Harry Potter is open as it is our DD favorite.

faline
03-11-2010, 12:09 PM
It's been a while since we've been there but we felt we were able to pretty much cover all of what we were interested in seeing by alloting one day to each of the two parks for two total days.

DisneyFr33k
03-11-2010, 12:15 PM
It's been a while since we've been there but we felt we were able to pretty much cover all of what we were interested in seeing by alloting one day to each of the two parks for two total days.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking. Is there an area comparable to Downtown Disney? I see one area with hotels/restaurants that you go from to get to both parks.

DVC2004
03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
2 days (1 per park) I agree is plenty of time. Yes they Universal version of DTD is Citywalk which I actually like better than DTD. Lots of dining and shopping, nightlife too.

faline
03-11-2010, 12:36 PM
I, too, like Universal's City Walk better than Downtown Disney (though don't tell anyone I said that)!

caryrae
03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
We do 1 day each at each Park and you walk through Citywalk to get to the Parks. We like going to Universal each trip to Disney World, it is pretty fun in my opinion. We really liked Halloween Horror Nights, we went for the 1st time this past trip last Sept.

DisneyFr33k
03-12-2010, 10:29 AM
We do 1 day each at each Park and you walk through Citywalk to get to the Parks. We like going to Universal each trip to Disney World, it is pretty fun in my opinion. We really liked Halloween Horror Nights, we went for the 1st time this past trip last Sept.

What's Halloween Horror Nights? Is it like Mickey's Not So Scary night? We've been to 2 of those and that was one too many. Our kids are older (13 and 11) and might like a little more "edge" out of halloween.

Thanks for your opinions!

caryrae
03-12-2010, 10:47 AM
It is much more scary then MNSSHP. They have multiply haunted houses all around one of the Parks and scare zones also. This past year it was a Scary movie theme with Saw, Chucky, The Wolfman, Frankenstien, Dracula, and other Haunted Houses I can't remember. The scare zones are areas of walkways like the street infront of the Terminator show, they turned into a Chainsaw massacure zone with guys chasing you with chainsaws. Universal does a very good job with the cast makeup and the affects all over. This can be more adultish because they have little bars and places to get beer all over, they even have people dressed as scary nurses with what looks like bags of blood that are really jello shots. We did see plenty of kids there. Also a lot of the regular big rides are still open. If you do a search for Halloween Horror Nights you can finds lots of info. They change the theme every year so there may not be any info about this years event.

Goofy Pluto
03-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Just wanted to add... depending on how much of a Harry Potter fan you are it's possibly you could spend a LOT of time just doing things there. I imagine myself and my family probably taking our time there and spending at least 1/2 a day there. I'm thinking we'll need 3 to 4 days for these parks, with opportunities to re-ride the things we like. And maybe not full days, either. But if you are planning to spend a lot of time a WWoHP but want to see EVERYTHING Universal has, you might want to consider 3 days.

Disneymom4ever
03-12-2010, 05:44 PM
We've been a few times, and we always spend a full day at each park, and a third day back at whichever park the kids want the most. (Usually we've seen both parks in 2 days though). My boys are now 14 and 17, and with Harry Potter added, we are definitely doing 3 days. I think it depends on what time of the year, and if your staying onsite. We always stay onsite, so with our room keys, we fly through the attractions. So nice!

DisneyFr33k
03-12-2010, 07:04 PM
My DD and DH LOVE Harry Potter. Read all the books together before the first movie. So maybe 3 days would be better. Me and DS will find time elsewhere as we aren't huge HP fans.

Great advice everyone! I really appreciate it!

NJGIRL
03-14-2010, 10:17 AM
We also take two full days to do both parks. We go during the slower season and probably get to do 90 % of the attractions but if you want to catch everything you should probably go with three days.

I agree about City Walk. It is better than DTD, plus it is located between the two parks so it doesn't require getting on a bus or in a car to get to it.

We have been the Universal's Halloween Horror nights a few times and all I can say is there is nothing like it. It is very scary but the older kids I know prefer it to the Disney party. Everything they do for that party is top notch. Every year has a different theme and they start planning it as soon as the current years party is done. I think you can go onto their web site and still see the theme from last years party.