PDA

View Full Version : Gift Card use question

snowflakegirl
03-11-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm going to be in the World in August and I'm taking advantage of the free gift card promotion. I had a question about using them. The official Disney Gift Card site says that they can:
"be used at Disney owned and operated merchandise, dining and recreation locations where credit cards are currently accepted."

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of restaurants on property that the gift card cannot be used at? I'm trying to look at how I'll use the gift card.

Thanks!:mickey:

faline
03-11-2010, 10:53 AM
There are a number of locations at Disney that are not Disney owned. Some that come to mind are: House of Blues; Rain Forest Cafe; T-Rex; and Portabello Yacht Club. I don't know if all of these locations will accept the Disney gift card or not.

The Disney Gift card site only states they are accepted at "participating" Disney World locations.

snowflakegirl
03-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I knew there were a number of non-Disney owned restaurants and stores on property, I'm just trying to get an idea of which ones I'm planning on going to...I'm fairly certain Yak and Yeti is owned and operated by Landry's and I know we're planning on eating there. Where it will be accepted won't guide our dining choices per se, I'm just trying to get a handle on how I'm going to allocate the spending money that we'll be bringing with us versus the gift card.

bucky at disney
03-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong....but I believe that you can use your gift card to pay for any purchases that you made on your room key. That's what we are planning on doing on our next trip!

forever a child
03-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong....but I believe that you can use your gift card to pay for any purchases that you made on your room key. That's what we are planning on doing on our next trip!

Oh, that would mean if a restaurant or store does not accept the gift card that we could charge it to room and then pay for same bills WITH the gift card that they would not accept!? :thumbsup:

Has anyone done this???? :mickey: