PDA

View Full Version : 1st Stay At Coronado Springs

sammysmom
03-11-2010, 07:49 AM
We have stayed at the POP the past 3 years that we have gone to Disney and have decided to try something new this year. Any suggestions or tips in relation to this resort? I would appreciate any info the CSR experts here can give me. Thanks:)

Mousemates
03-11-2010, 08:27 AM
as with all resorts, take the time to stroll about the place...a late afternoon, early evening walk around the lake at CSR is actually quite nice. (Keep your eyes open and you might even see a small gator--we did, thou if he/she is still there the size might not be small anymore).

The pool is nice and regardless of guest ages the slide should be enjoyed at least once...also remember that at CSR you have a perk missing at the the values...a hot tub.

vicster
03-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Have never stayed there but in my opinion they have the best food court.

disneyfamily05
03-11-2010, 09:13 AM
I stayed there for one night last year before moving on to the Ft. Wilderness cabins, and I loved it at Coronado. When I go back to WDW I plan to stay there for a longer period of time.

The pool and slide were great - regardless of age - you have to go down the slide at least once. The playground area was cute for kids. I know that people complain about the size but we (my kids and I) enjoyed the relaxing walk. It is especially pretty at night. Hope you have a great stay!

buzz2001
03-11-2010, 09:38 AM
PM sent

c&d
03-11-2010, 12:20 PM
I think this is the prettiest resort at night as you wonder thru the different sections there are all sorts of surprises around each corner.

The pool is great and the quiet lap pool is wonderful since I'm a swimmer.

The buses are never crowded during the day and they get some prime parking spots at the resorts.

We like the food court since everyone can mange to find something they like in it.

CSR also has a spa and a health club, something no other mod has.

One warning, since it is a convention hotel try not to grab lunch around noon. We did this once and it was mobbed. Other than that one time we found the resort was pretty quiet during the day. I guess they keep all those conventioneers busy up during the day. :D

I love the way the new rooms are decorated. The doors instead of curtains between the sink area is really nice.

bruin1344
03-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I live CS but skip the boating. Do it at DTD or MK resorts instead since there is more to see at those locations.

betholtmans
03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
We stayed for a week, two years ago, and really enjoyed it...they have a fantastic food court with some healthier options in it. The food court was never that crowded, and it's a beautiful layout at that resort. Rooms were fine, very peaceful at CSR!!

Disney Doll
03-11-2010, 01:49 PM
If the food court is crowded you can order to go or get something from the grab & go market and eat outside on the patio by the lake.

Definitely walk around the resort and enjoy the scenery. It's a beautiful place and is extra pretty at night.

Loved the playground and pool area.

jenperich
03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
As everyone else has said, CSR is beautiful! Just walking around the resort, and enjoying the scenery is the best part. Make sure to take a walk at night if you can...the fountains are stunning at night! Enjoy!!

Gaz10
03-11-2010, 02:32 PM
We have stayed 3 times and enjoyed our stays very much. Its a really nice resort and very relaxed.
The main pool is great and there are 3 smaller pools in each area. We prefer the Cabanas near the small pool. We stayed in 9A last time , good location and not too far from the main building.The Ranchos is a nice area,very quiet. But we dont like the Casitas,got put there last time for our 1st night and we asked to be relocated straight away.You are close to animal kingdom and Blizzard beach is just down the road.Im sure you will love it:mickey:

Melanie
03-11-2010, 02:33 PM
I love the way the new rooms are decorated. The doors instead of curtains between the sink area is really nice.

I agree! The new rooms are very nice, and the door is a definite plus.

We love this resort. Great pool area, lobby, food court, etc. :thumbsup:

MMFreak
03-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Enjoy this resort. We loved everything about this resort. It is especially nice when you get a room by the quiet pool and then it is still reasonable walking distnace to the main pool. The cast members are wonderful.

sammysmom
03-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Thank you all for your input. I am hoping for the Cabanas 8A or 9A I think is right as a good location. Still doing my research. You guys are awesome for helping:)

buzz2001
03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
You can't go wrong with any of the cabana locations.