PDA

View Full Version : Photopass Discount Question!

forever a child
03-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Is it common to get a discount to purchase the Photopass CD from Disney? I have heard that they are usually sent around 10 days prior to trip to be applied to a Pre-buy for the CD. Is this correct? I have also ready that you have to have WDW Resort reservations to qualify to get the Discount (which I do) but just wondering.

Any help greatly appreciated!

disneyers
03-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure if this is the answer you are looking for.... but

Disney does offer the Photopass CD (a CD with all of your Photopass photos from one trip on it) at a discount IF you purchase the CD BEFORE you arrive for your Disney vacation. I believe it is $99 for the CD if you order before you arrive and around $130 if you order once you get home.

When we are taking a week long vacation, we always purchase the CD before we leave. If we were to buy just 2 4x6 photos from Photopass once we got home, it would cost us $14 including shipping. If we get the CD we can have upwards of 150 photos (plus we can add all the decorative borders like "Disney 2010" and we can do the fun pictures where it looks like we are holding Tinkerbell, Simba, etc. - so sometimes nearly 200 photos) and we can print them wherever we'd like - Walmart, Target, etc. at a rate of $.14 per 4x6.

I'd recommend purchasing the CD before you leave if you are interested. We've always enjoyed it. Just be sure to take advantage of every Photopass oportunity you can!
Have a great trip! :mickey:

DizneyRox
03-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Actaully, you don't buy the CD before you leave... You should get a PIN code that gives you $50 off the purchase price. These seem to be sent a few weeks before your trip IF you qualify.

There seems to be some debate on who qualifies for the automagic e-mail notification. Normal WDW (owned and operated hotels) hotel guests seem to be getting them. DVC members staying on DVC points seems to have to request the code. Guests renting points from DVC members don't seem to be getting the discount code, and of course those staying off site get nothing.

How long this will be offered is unknown, I imagine they can stop this at any point.

For $99 the CD may be worth it, at $150, not so much. We paid less than $90 last time and it was a decent deal, although I'm not terribly satisfied with the quality (resolution) of the pictures on the CD, but having everyone in the picture sortof makes up for it. It's NOT a replacement for bringing your own camera however.

faline
03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Additionally, those who book through a travel agent outside the Disney system need to request the pre-purchase through their travel agent.

forever a child
03-11-2010, 12:19 PM
So since I have booked through WDW, should I be receiving a discount code and if so about when?

faline
03-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Should arrive a week or two before your trip.

StinksMom
03-11-2010, 02:25 PM
If you don't receive a code, don't hesitate to call Disney yourself. I did and they sent me a code the next day!