PDA

View Full Version : Banked Points Question

gtpooh
03-10-2010, 09:04 PM
We are new DVC members at BLT with 250 points. We made a reservation for my cousin for late May (121 points) and for us in November (343 points). We banked our 2009 points, so these reservations used banked 2009 points and some 2010 points.

My cousin may need to cancel her reservation. If I do this outside of the 31 day window, and the points go back to my account, would my November reservation then be using all of the 2009 points and some 2010 points? Or, would I still have the 121 2009 points since I made the May reservation first? I am obviously hoping that for my November reservation, I would be using the "oldest" points first even though I canceled the May reservation. Thanks!!!

Married-2-WDW-nut
03-11-2010, 06:58 AM
You'd like to think that would work - but it doesn't.

If you use the DVCMembers sitehttps://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/register/guestLogin?id=GuestLoginPage you can see vacations made againt which points in which use year.

I strongly suggest that you call Member Services who should be able to sort it all for you..

MinnieMommie
03-11-2010, 07:06 AM
I have done this and DVC member services was able to sort it out for me. If you call DVC member services (1 800-800-9800) you can tell them the situation and ask to have the 2009 points applied to your November vacation. They may say they need to cancel the November reservation first and that you may loose the reservation in the process. If this happens ask to speak with a manager. The manager will be able to make the switch for you. :mickey: