PDA

View Full Version : 80's Teen Idol Corey Haim Dead at 38

Ian
03-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Actor Corey Haim -- best known for 80s films including License to Drive and the Lost Boys -- has died at the age of 38.

Los Angeles Police Department confirmed the actor's death to TV station KTLA.

According to police, Haim, who had past substance-abuse problems, died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an accidental overdose.

He reportedly was found unresponsive at his apartment. He was with his mother at the time of his death.He was later pronounced dead at Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank.

KylesMom
03-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Wow . . . we were just discussing at work how we all thought he had cleaned up his act. Sad. :(

1DisneyNut
03-10-2010, 09:48 AM
That is so sad. We watched the reality show he was on not long ago "The two Coreys". It was obvious he was still battling his drug addictions and at times the addiction was in control. He seemed to be trying really hard.

SBETigg
03-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Very sad, and sad that he had such a rough time of it after his early fame.

Jenemmy
03-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Breaks my heart when a young life gets thrown away like this.

NotaGeek
03-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Wow ... he was just on TMZ last week and my friend Bryant and I discussed the fact that he looked like he looked really strung out.

Melanie
03-10-2010, 10:52 AM
This is one I'm really not surprised about. He's never been able to get it together. Very sad!

DisneyPrincess21
03-10-2010, 11:45 AM
When i just logged on to the internet on my homepage (yahoo) I just read this. I am very sad by this news :(

I always worried/knew this day would probably come but it doesn't make it any less sad or shocking. I wonder what his relationship was like with Corey Feldman at his passing? (I too was a fan of the show "two Corey's")

I know some people are always messing up, but it doesn't mean you should just write them off, everyone needs someone to talk to and be there for them no matter how many times they have messed up.

I wonder if it was a combination of his heart condition and the flu or sickness that he had had weakened his heart further.

So sad :(

murphy1
03-10-2010, 01:43 PM
So sad. I still think The Lost Boys is one of the best vampire movies ever made.

Rosemickey68
03-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I am saddened by the loss of Corey Haim.
I have always loved him in Lucas and Dream a Little Dream.
I pray he is at peace now.
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this time.

DVC2004
03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
So sad. I still think The Lost Boys is one of the best vampire movies ever made.

I totally agree with Shari! I loved that movie.
Sad indeed. May he rest in peace.

yjgirl32
03-10-2010, 04:47 PM
My prayers and thoughts for his family and friends. So very sad! Rest in Peace.