PDA

View Full Version : Questions- Disney credit card/vacation package

pink
03-09-2010, 08:38 PM
So, I got an offer in the mail today for $500 per. adult that includes a 5-day, 4-night stay at one of the value resorts, park tickets, a dining package which includes two counter-service meals a day, two snacks a day and one refillable mug each. I just wanted to know if

1) Is this price legitimate? Or are they going to charge my more when I call up to book it? I've never booked a package before, I've only done things seperately.
2) I would be going May 20th-24th, are those really bad times to go? I've never gone that time of year from my memory.

Now, I also have questions about the Disney Visa/Chase credit card (if you have it or know anything about it)

1) On the site it says that you get 0% APR for six months AFTER a purchase of a Disney vacation package, does that mean that you get 0% APR starting the month after you purchase it or does the 6 months start right after your vacation ends. I was just confused.

2) Does the 0% APR go on a second time. For example, if I went on a vacation 2 years from now and bought a Disney package would it also go back to 0% APR for that second vacation too?

Thanks everyone. I'm on the fence about whether or not I want to book this trip. I would be a suprise bday present for someone. :mickey:

SBETigg
03-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Ask Magical Journeys. They'll consider all potential offers/deals and give you the best price for your time period. They might tell you that's a good offer, or they might have one better. There's no charge for using their services and they're really helpful. They've earned my trust and my repeat business, and they've saved me money. I'm guessing they'll also be able to help you with questions on how it works with your card. Late May can be pretty crowded, but that is before Memorial Day weekend, so it won't be insanely crowded. Just moderate to high crowds.

PopPhan
03-09-2010, 10:16 PM
On your Chase Disney Visa questions:

1) The six months at 0% interest start with the statement period in which you charge the card - say you book your May vacation in March. The 0% interest on the amount of the booking will be from the March/April statement through the Sept/Oct statement. Any amount not paid in that time gets added to the regular charges at your regular (normal) percentage rate.

2) I know for a fact that you can charge any number of Disney vacations and each will be at the 0% for six months rate. Your statement will show each vacation that has not finished its six month grace period individually with the end date of the promotion for that vacation.

NOTE: The 0% for six months is for the BOOKING only, whether it be Room Only or Package, NOT the total charges for the vacation. If you charge anything to the card during your vacation stay, it will be charged at the regular (normal) interest rate.

Alaska Disney Fan
03-09-2010, 10:19 PM
We used the card last year for a package and the six months starts the next statement after you book it, and the 0% only applies to the package, not the whole balance on the card. It is valid for each newly booked package.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-09-2010, 10:28 PM
So, I got an offer in the mail today for $500 per. adult that includes a 5-day, 4-night stay at one of the value resorts, park tickets, a dining package which includes two counter-service meals a day, two snacks a day and one refillable mug each. I just wanted to know if

1) Is this price legitimate? Or are they going to charge my more when I call up to book it? I've never booked a package before, I've only done things separately.
Does the offer say more that just "$500 per adult"? They can't really price it that way, because if you had 4 adults in a Pop room at rack-rate on the quick-service dining plan, it would run around $1,600, which is already less than $500 per adult. So does it say something like "$500 per adult for two adults" or something similar?

1) On the site it says that you get 0% APR for six months AFTER a purchase of a Disney vacation package, does that mean that you get 0% APR starting the month after you purchase it or does the 6 months start right after your vacation ends. I was just confused.

2) Does the 0% APR go on a second time. For example, if I went on a vacation 2 years from now and bought a Disney package would it also go back to 0% APR for that second vacation too?

You will get 0% for each charge made on your credit card for a package reservation. So when you charge your $200 deposit, you will get 0% off on that $200 starting with your next statement. Then when you make your final payment using your credit card, you will get a new 6-month countdown for just that amount charged. You will have at least two independent countdowns, one counting down from your deposit, and one counting down from your final payment. The 0% deal does not consider when your actual travel dates are, just when you make EACH payment.

The 0% deal is a standing offer, so you can take advantage of it as many times a year as you book a package reservation at WDW.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-09-2010, 10:31 PM
NOTE: The 0% for six months is for the BOOKING only, whether it be Room Only or Package, NOT the total charges for the vacation. If you charge anything to the card during your vacation stay, it will be charged at the regular (normal) interest rate.

The 0% offer is only available on a Package Reservation, it is not available on a room-only reservation.

KylesMom
03-09-2010, 11:42 PM
The 0% offer is only available on a Package Reservation, it is not available on a room-only reservation. This is absolutely correct. The first time we were able to take advantage of the 0% was last year, when we did the Buy 4, Get 3 Free package. We've done room-only reservations for years (AAA or A/P), but they've never qualified for the 0%. As another post mentioned, as you put deposits down on the room, each one is garnered the 6-month 0%. Our deposits began in late '09, and I only put down what I knew we could afford six months out. We actually paid off the "package" way ahead of time, just because we had six months from the date that the installment was posted to pay for it. :mickey:

Ms. Mode
03-10-2010, 07:14 AM
WOW! $500 per on a Value w/DDP...you'd only be paying about $100 for the trip, can this be correct? If I had a deal like that offered to me I'd be livin' at WDW. :mickey:

pink
03-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. :mickey: