PDA

View Full Version : Where to request room at Pop?

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Posting this for my co-worker...

We love to stay in the 80's - #9101-9472 building - as close to the Rubix Cube stairs as possible. While on the map it still looks far, it it the closest to the bus stop and still very close to the food court. We have stayed at the Pop 2x - once while 7 months prego and it was the greatest to be so close to the bus stops (expecially after a full day at the parks!). Also, since its close to Classic Hall, our refillable mugs worked hard that vacation.

I have given him our fav location at Pop. What are yours? and why?

They have a big group so, I'm just trying to get a non-biased range of opinions! :thumbsup:

disneyers
03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Now, I've only stayed at POP once, so keep that in mind, but we were on the back side of the 50's building and we loved it!

It was a trek to the food court (but not too long), but we had a pool right there and it was SO QUIET! Great when you have 2 small children sleeping. Also, we could see 2 fireworks shows from our window (not sure which ones - Wishes and Fantasmic? - I'm not sure which direction we were facing) also nice when your kids go to bed at 8 or 8:30, to stand on the "balcony" and watch the fireworks.

Hope they have a great trip! :mickey:

Emsparents
03-09-2010, 07:51 PM
POP is our favorite resort. We have stayed at all but CS in the Moderates, and we still favor POP for the service, bus service, price, and overall theme. We have stayed in the 50's on the backside facing the lake, great because it was quiet, could see the fireworks at night, and the pool was not as crowded, it was however a hike from the busses and dining hall. We stayed in the 60's right outside the kid's squirt and spray pool, liked it because the proximity to the pools, dining hall, busses, and etc. it was however a little noisy at night. We have also stayed in the 70's nice because it was fairly close to everything. All in all we have not had a bad experience anywhere at POP. We are planning a October trip currently and we will be staying at POP again. For the price I do not think you can find a better place to stay.

lettripp
03-09-2010, 08:08 PM
We have also only stayed there once, and stayed in the 50s area. We were pool side, and it was STILL quiet. The walk to the busses was longer but not too bad... it was refreshing in the morning. The pool was practically empty every day. I highly recommend it!

Pop Centurion
03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
50's with pool view is our favorite as well. We've had this twice and prefer it over any other non-preferred location. It's quiet even though we don't mind noise. It's nice being able to enter & exit through the doors at the end of classic hall where the magical Express drop off/pick up is. This way you're out of the heat when heading to the food court or buses.

Mousefever
03-09-2010, 10:36 PM
We love the 70's area overlooking the big wheel. It's so close to the food court and bus stop, but it's not as busy as the pool area.

Amy

Tink#64
03-10-2010, 12:08 AM
We've stayed 60's section, bldg #4, behind the Play-Do can 3 times and it's great! A view of HourGlass Lake & SSE! Great location, very quiet, not much foor traffic! We've also stayed in bldg# 10, 70's section, standard, but very close to bus stops. I really liked this local, but DH wants to go back to our 60's section this trip!

kakn7294
03-10-2010, 01:02 AM
A year ago today, right about this time, we were pulling into Classic Hall to check into Pop. Our room was on the 3rd floor of one of the '80s buildings. We were on the corner at the front of the resort behind a blue cell phone. We looked out at Classic hall. It was a great location!

eeyorepoohfan
03-10-2010, 08:53 PM
We've only stayed at POP once, and it was this past December. We were in the 50s section (bldg 2) on the 2nd floor and had a slightly obstructed view of the lake. It was soooo quiet. It took us probably 2 actual minutes to walk to the main building and buses. We enjoyed walking by the bowling pin pool to start and end our day! :cloud9:

coneygoil
03-11-2010, 09:11 AM
We have stayed in the '80's building on the bottom floor poolside several times. It's pretty quiet even with the pool right there and it never feels like a long walk to the main building and the bus stops is so close! :thumbsup:

LandFan
03-11-2010, 07:08 PM
We like the 70's Big Wheel building. A lot :D Close to the bus stops (across the parking lot) and close to the food court side of Classic Hall.