PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe

ljgirl
03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Hello!
Less than 1 week until we are at WDW!!! We arrive on Monday, 3/15. Our flight arrives in Orlando at 11:00 am. We are taking the Mgical Express to the POFQ. Our first day we plan on visiting the MK. I have an ADR for Kona Cafe that night for dinner. I thought it would be easy to hop the monorail and get there. I could not get an ADR in the MK that night.

What can you tell me about the Kona Cafe? Does it have much ambience?

Also, I know this is another topic but realistically what time do you think we will get to the POFQ on the Express?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

betteratmk
03-09-2010, 12:53 PM
:mickey: Kona's is attractive but not loaded with ambience per say! The food is great though, one of DS favorite places! The desserts are great! It usually takes about 1 to 11/2 hours to get to POFQ. It has never taken more than 2 for us even in peak season. I'm including the time to get off the plane and walk to ME, stand in line, wait on the bus ect!:D

lightyearfan
03-09-2010, 12:57 PM
me and dw have been to Kona Cafe several times and we too will be going there for breakfest and then dinner later that same day as we were unable to get a adr inside mk as well. we too are going in a few weeks, but anyway the resturant is very nice and the atmosphere is nice as well, the food is excellent you have to try the sticky wings, mmm mmm good, and there steaks are great as well, you will enjoy it.

Enjoy your trip
Victor

jenperich
03-10-2010, 12:51 AM
I think the ambiance is lovely. You have the tropical nature from the lobby right there. Very nice.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-10-2010, 11:04 AM
While Kona Cafe is not a "full immersion" restaurant like I think Ohana's is, it does have good food. We've only been once and that is just because we prefer Ohana's if we are going to eat dinner at the Poly.

In the evenings, the stand outside Kona Cafe becomes a mini sushi bar and we'll be trying that this October. Don't know if you ar into sushi and/or if the sushi can be ordered from Kona Cafe.

IMO, you can't go wrong with any restaurant at the Poly

SBETigg
03-10-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm not a Kona fan. To me, it feels like you're eating in the lobby. The upside to that is that the Poly has a beautiful lobby. But if you're looking for good food and ambience, I would choose Grand Floridian Cafe. Lots of people do love Kona, so you probably won't be disappointed.

svarhall07
03-10-2010, 01:04 PM
when you get the Poly lobby, ask for leis for your whole family, it adds to the atmosphere. Kona is great, have a pina coloda and you'll be set!

jillluvsdisney
03-10-2010, 07:35 PM
I love Kona. It's usually a must do every trip.
I've always had good food and service there.

prttynpnk
03-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Love the food and the decor, but it's really the only restaurant we go to and hope for a middle table- the railings around the edge make me feel like I'm eating in the lobby....