PDA

View Full Version : Dining without Reservations. Is it possible?

mymickey
03-09-2010, 11:07 AM
We will be traveling June 3 -June 9 2010 and are wondering; Is it possible to have table service without reservations? We have a party of 4 ( 3 adults, 1 eleven yr old considered an adult) and we want to eat one sit down meal a day. We would like for that to be in the evening, so is it possible? We don't want to be tied down to reservations, and we don't mind eating a little early or even late to avoid crowds. Any suggestions/advice?:mickey:

Tygger7
03-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Short answer: Yes, it is possible...but I wouldn't count on being able to find a sit down restaurant every day.

Long answer: Possible, but highly recommend making at least some ADR's for your trip. You can always cancel if you decide you don't want the reservation. You would probably end up spending more time trying to find a place to eat each day than you would "gain" by having flexibility. I would go out on the Disney Dining Reservations page and pick a few places that you would really like to try. You can still leave a few days open and hope that you can find something as a walk-up, but again, I wouldn't do that if I wanted to eat a table service dinner every day.

Ms. Mode
03-09-2010, 12:57 PM
I understand not wanting to be tied down to a reservation, however it get's very busy in June and you might not get a table.

Why don't you call or check the website and see what's available for that time NOW, there are people already making ADRs, you might be surprised at what's left even at this time. :mickey:

faline
03-09-2010, 01:00 PM
We once went at that time of year for a last minute trip and did not have a single advance dining reservation. We were able to be seated for a mid-day meal at Libery Tree Tavern and also for lunch at Le Cellier. Granted there were only two of us so that may have made a difference. I think if you are flexible about where and when you will eat, it will work out.

MarkC
03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
During busy times like this, you will have a much better chance if you can be flexible with times. Lunch will be easier than dinner, but if you can have an early lunch and eat dinner around 4pm or so your chances will increase greatly. You can go directly to Disney's website now and see what is available, or call and a rep can tell you what is free. The sooner you call the better. I just made ADR's for 2 a few days ago for July and had no problems. Good luck.

DizneyRox
03-09-2010, 01:53 PM
If you want to eat, I would make reservations. It's a tough task to visit restaurants to check availability, you'll eat up a lot of time doing so.

I really don't think that slow times are much better than busy times as Disney seems to staff accordingly. So, while there may be many empty tables in the restaurant, that doesn't mean that you can get in, they many not have enough food or servers to actually seat people.

Make the reservations...

kakn7294
03-09-2010, 04:00 PM
It's possible but can be difficult. Plan on eating at places that aren't as popular and at times that are out of the norm for mealtimes. If there's someplace you have your heart set on, I'd make a reservation now. I don't like being tied to a reservation either but I like knowing that I'm going to get to eat at the place I want to be and not be turned away at the door.