PDA

View Full Version : Disney VISA Rewards Card

Genie1953
03-09-2010, 02:10 AM
We have Disney Reward dollars built up and would like to order a Rewards Card however we have not done this before so the process is new to us.

How long does it take to get the card once you request one?
If you earn more dollars after ordering the card can you add those dollars to the existing card?
Can you put the Disney Rewards dollars on your room key so we do not have to carry around alot of different cards?
We leave for Disneyworld in 31 days and want to use our Disney Rewards dollars for spending money while there. Any help will be much appreciated.

DizneyRox
03-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Order the card right now with the minimum number or points the need ( I think it is 20). Should only take a couple of weeks.

Right before your trip, you can transfer the remaining over if it's at least $10.

I'm not positive on the amounts but they are close. If your talking about using it for charging, sounds like the minimums won't be an issue though.

I'm not sure if you can actually use it they way you want but you can pay your balance with it. They might not be able to do anauto charge like they would with a credit card. I never tried though.

wifey5794
03-09-2010, 07:35 AM
I would get the card right away as they say it could take at least 2-3 weeks to get. (I don't think mine ever took that long). The biggest thing with the card is to not have more than you think you will use on it as it will expire in a year. You can always have more added while you are there.

I have always charged everything to the room and at the end of my stay apply my card to the bill. Then I am not carrying another card around.
You cannot add it to your room key.

Have a wonderful time.

btharvey
03-09-2010, 07:57 AM
I have always charged everything to the room and at the end of my stay apply my card to the bill. Then I am not carrying another card around.

I'd say this is the most effective way to use the monies. You can even do so if you go through Magical Journeys, applying the funds to the reservation, etc. One way or the other, you'll be using the money.

Chase offers other cards with even more point rewards than the Disney Rewards VISA, but you can't get Nemo or Goofy or any of them on the card (which never fails to garner a second glance).

homeschool mom
03-09-2010, 08:15 AM
I would suggest you call the 800 number and get it right now. You can call and add points to it at any time after you have the card. I think I remember them telling me at one time that there were even a couple WDW locations where you could pick one up if you didn't get it ahead of time. Don't quote me on that though.

We love our Disney Visa rewards card!

faline
03-09-2010, 09:10 AM
You can get the card and your points downloaded to it right at Disney World so you won't have to wait for the card at all. If you order on-line or via telephone, I'd have the minimum numer of points (20) put on your card and then add the additional points after you receive the card. I just ordered a card yesterday and they indicated it should take about a week before I receive it.