PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic package with dining

wdwluv
03-08-2010, 04:52 PM
We are a family of 5 ...3 kids....

I think the Fantasmic show will be too loud for them, so we are planning to go to Hollywood Studios on a day when 2 shows are offered - each parent taking the kids while the other goes to the show - Do you know if can you go to two different shows? or do you all have to go to the same show?

KylesMom
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM
If you're doing the Fantasmic Dinner Package, the pass is only good for the first showing. Oftentimes the second show was not as crowded as the first, but with the limited Fantasmic! showings these days, I've read that they are both crowded (when they have two). They've really cut down on performances (three per week or thereabouts), so I wouldn't count on a second showing - even during summer hours.

wdwluv
03-08-2010, 05:20 PM
OH that's so good to know! I've been trying to plan our park days around it! I have seen a day or two on the schedule with two shows from 2009 - do they CANCEL one sometimes? When the 2010 schedule comes out, can it be trusted?

wdwluv
03-08-2010, 05:20 PM
(our trip is November 2010)

KylesMom
03-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Fantasmic! can be cancelled at any time due to inclement weather, but once they schedule a performance they won't cancel it off the calendar.

I would be surprised if the calendar for November would initially contain two showings nightly except for maybe Thanksgiving Week, though. They usually start small & add later . . .

AlwaysDisney
03-08-2010, 08:25 PM
We were there Jan 22-30th and the 2 nights that Fantasmic was showing they had 2 shows each night. We did the dining package on the first show and it was packed. The line for the second show when we came out was really full too. So who knows if they will have 2 shows. :)

WelshieLover
03-09-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't think its true that they "never" take it off the calendar once they schedule it. We were there in January when I made my ADRs in advance I checked and there was a Fantasmic performance on the night I made ADR at Mama Melrose. I did not take the Fanstasmic package because they wanted us to eat at some ridiculously early time. Once we got to WDW I noticed that Fanstamic was changed to 2 different nights that week. We got to see it but not on the night we ate at Mama Melrose. HAd I known earlier I probably would have cancelled there and ate in EPCOT or over at the BW somewhere. I am not a fan of the DHS food establishments CS or TS.

FriendsofMickey
03-09-2010, 11:44 AM
I also think you should not count on 2 showings.

Have you ever been to Fantasmic? I ask because you stated it being too loud, but I have never found it to be very loud; however, it can be a little scary for the little ones.

We have taken our daughters each time. The first time, they were a little afraid of the nightmare sequence (I'll call it that anyway); however, I told them that "Mickey will save the day, just watch." From the point "Mickey saved the day", my girls where hooked. The love the show . I should say they are not scared easily.

As far as noise though, some of the other shows are much louder philermagic and muppets being two of the louder ones. I always thought in hindsight that I should have brought earmuffs for them to wear during the shows.

Also, the 3 D can scare some kids.

Oh and you can always have them watch a clip of the show from youtube to get them a little ready for what 'scary parts' there are.

Anyway, just wanted to give you something to think about.

KylesMom
03-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I've never heard of anyone coming back from their trip stating that they showed up for their Fantasmic dinner package and the show had been cancelled/changed to another night, but I can agree that all calendars are subject to change. I'll still stick to the thought that Disney will be more conservative when park calendars are released, and then add shows as bookings increase. For instance, even through the July 4th week, Fantasmic is slated to show three times per week, once nightly on these evenings. Somehow I think they will have to schedule additional 2nd performances, at least for the holiday time period and the anticipated crowds. As mentioned in another post, we usually do the package at Mama Melrose 2x per trip, and it's never been pulled from the calendar once our ADRs have been made. We've had some close calls with the weather, though! I would agree that there are parts of the show that might scare toddlers, but we always made a game out of Mickey "beating the bad guys" when DS was younger. Heck, now that DS is older, he and his dad still go back & forth on who the victors will be. :mickey: Good memories, good times!

B.R. Guest
03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
I tried to get the dinner package for June 14-16 and their shows are June 13 and June 17 (the night we get there and the first night we're at Disney's Vero Beach resort). I assumed that they had it every night. Darn!:mad:

wdwluv
03-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Thanks to EVERYONE SO MUCH for all your input. It helps in planning SO MUCH!! I'll make sure to not pin my hopes on Fantasmic being twice.

And FriendsofMickey that is GREAT info to know about your kids and the loud factor!! (we have not been to Fantasmic yet) We had to pull 3 crying kids out of Philharmagic last year so I thought sure Fantasmic would be too loud. I WILL have them check out a clip!! THANKS FOR THE TIPS!!!

:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-10-2010, 11:20 AM
And FriendsofMickey that is GREAT info to know about your kids and the loud factor!! (we have not been to Fantasmic yet) We had to pull 3 crying kids out of Philharmagic last year so I thought sure Fantasmic would be too loud. I WILL have them check out a clip!! THANKS FOR THE TIPS!!!

:mickey:

My kids were just fine with all of the shows and how loud they are. Youtube videos of the shows and rides really helped to prepare them.

If you decide to take your kids to fantasmic, even though it is nighttime, there are TONS of lights while you wait for the show. You can also see where the speakers are and try not to sit right by one. I think that half the fun for my kids was waiting for the show to start ... they learned about the WAVE. Also, since there are sooooo many more people in an outdoor theatre, it may not be as scary as an enclosed theatre with only a fraction of the people.

But, only you know what's best for your family.

If you decide to go and one of the kids freaks out and you have to rush out of the show, it's like leaving a football game... no one will be bothered but the people in your row. Unlike Phillarmagic, just about everyone in the theatre knows that you have a crying, screaming kid that you are trying to get out.

HTH! Fantasmic is totally worth the chance of a meltdown to me! :smickey:

Through the looking Glass
03-10-2010, 02:47 PM
My son wore 'ear protection' at most of the firework shows till he was about 5. Was allways glad we brought them. It would have been sad not to see his expression during the shows. They also worked in rides he thought were to loud or scary sounding.

Of late there has been only one show per day.

Have sat through Fantasmic while a lite rain was falling.:shake: Seems they really try not to cancel a show.