PDA

View Full Version : Port Oleans - French Quarter - want your reviews!

wdwluv
03-08-2010, 01:00 PM
We are planning a one day visit to MK on May 15th for my 40th birthday. (doing the beach for the rest of our Florida stay) I HAD booked an off site property, but checked into staying on site. The PROBLEM is we are a party of five, which makes our options SO limited. I thought the only "cheap" option I would have would be a value, and a family suite at all star music...BUT I found that Port Orleans French quarter has a trundle bed in the room. SO booking there, with the current offers is nearly the same as the off site we had booked.

ANYWAY - I'm looking for your input. I feel like maybe I've read that one of the Port Orleans isn't so great - but for just 2 nights stay, maybe I can suffer with it? Fill me in please! :mickey:

faline
03-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought the trundle bed rooms were located in Riverside - not French Quarter?

Scott C
03-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Sorry -- you have been misinformed. The trundle bed is available in Port Orleans Riverside / alligator Bayou section. They are great -- a very peaceful and relaxing section of the resort. You will love it there.

Thanks
Scott C

#1donaldfan
03-08-2010, 01:06 PM
....nope, you'll have to stay at Riverside, in the Alligator Bayou Section....it's a great place and once you check in you wont want to leave.....check it out, you will not be disapointed...:thumbsup:

wdwluv
03-08-2010, 01:13 PM
DOH! You are right! I got the invoice and it says riverside - I would have SWORN she said French Quarter!

Thanks so much! I'm glad I asked I would have been investigating the wrong resort this whole time!!!

And thanks so much for your input - sounds like I will be pleased!! :-)

Stickey
03-10-2010, 12:33 PM
It is an easy walk to POFQ from POR, especially for beignets.

We liked the Alligator Bayou section of POR. POR has nice grounds and a convenient boat ride to DTD. Overall, it is a good choice for a moderate, despite the multiple bus stops within POR, and the shared bus service with POFQ.