03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Sierra shows her grandparents the World & VWL

Repeats at Magic Kingdom & Coral Reef at Epcot – 27 January

Cast of characters

>From Missouri
Sierra - five year old Disney Fan
Sam - Sierra's mom
Grammy K - Sierra's maternal grandmother
Me – Sierra's great aunt (Grammy K's sister)

>From Louisiana and first time visitors
Granny M - Sierra's paternal grandmother
Papa R – Sierra's paternal grandfather

The Plan – We had originally planned to breakfast at our villa and do repeats at either MK or DHS. Since the rescheduling on Sunday we're eating breakfast with the Princesses at Norway with a 9:30 am ADR. We decided to do Test Track and then O Canada after breakfast. We had an ADR at 5:30 for Coral Reef, after which we would tour The Seas with Nemo and Friends, do Soarin' and hopefully Illuminations.

What really happened - The later start afforded by the 9:30 ADR was helpful, after Sierra's being sick again the evening before. She seemed fine this morning but we determined to let her decide if she wanted to eat. Sometimes she gets wrapped up in what's going on and doesn't realize she's hungry. We figured she could always eat when she got home.

GM was becoming worn out from walking as fast we were used to walking, so we left with plenty of time, arriving at Epcot at 8:45 am. We went in through the breakfast turnstiles and leisurely walked toward Norway. We still arrived very early for our ADR. This was a cool morning, temperatures only in the 40s. We were happier waiting in the sunshine.

We had photos of all of us with Belle and also of Sierra with Belle, since there were six of us in our group. This was our first time at breakfast here, having in the past come for supper. We really liked the pickled and smoked fish and the great fruit on the cold bordt. The potato casserole was excellent. This is another new must do for us. The Princesses were all great with plenty of visiting time.

I had wondered about the 9:30 breakfast time, as we usually eat as early as we can. This turned out very well, as we had a leisurely breakfast. There were no guests with ADRs waiting for our table.

We did ask our server, Frederick, about a tooth fairy and he said, yes, they have a tooth fairy, who brings money in exchange for a tooth. He was quite surprised to hear about the tooth mouse in Mexico.

After a great breakfast we had a short wait – about 10 minutes – for Test Track. We have always done TT after dark. This was a whole new experience for us. And great fun for GM and PR. PR has found a ride he likes.

We then went to Canada to see the new film. We really liked the addition of Martin Short but were happy so see some of the old shots – the Mounties, and the great mountain scenes – near the end of the film. We like the new version a lot.

We left Epcot by the back door, taking the boat to DHS. GM and PR got a tour of the Epcot hotels, from the water. At DHS we said see you later to GK and Sam who were going to do ToT and RnRC while we got a bus back to VWL. GM and PR deciced to tour Wilderness Lodge some; Sierra and I went back to our villa, where she was happy to lie on the couch and watch some of her favorite PBS shows.

As GM, PR, Sierra and I got off bus the to Epcot, PR was wondering if GM needed a wheelchair as her leg had begun to bother her more. She was reluctant to get one and decided not to when I mentioned that we would be staying in Future World all evening. We would not be going into World Showcase. We had plenty of time and could stop and rest as much as she needed to. She easily tolerated the walking we did this evening.

We met GK and Sam outside the Seas pavilion. We had not told GM and PR anything about the Coral Reef restaurant and they were impressed with the big aquarium. We were seated at one of the banquettes facing the aquarium, which was nice but a bit cramped with 5 adults (none of us Piglet sized) and one five year old. GM and PR each got a fish dish which they liked. They might be hooked on dining at Disney table service restaurants. Sam got a drink with one of those glow cubes which quit glowing before we left the table. Our server promptly brought her another, which still works.

We had a great time showing GM and PR the rest of the large aquarium before going to see Crush. Sierra was seated in front with the other little dudes while we had to find seats near the back without a view of Sierra. We were all very surprised when the second little dude that Crush spoke to said her name was Sierra! GM said, “Our Sierra?” When we heard Sierra ask her question, we knew it was our Sierra. She asked Crush why did turtles go in their shells. We all learned that sea turtles don't do that, only land turtles.

We had probably a 20 minute wait for Soarin', one of the longest waits we'd had all week. We got to see one of the queue games which was cool. Once on Soarin' we sat in the middle row; on our first time, last trip, we sat in the front row. I like the middle row a bit better, as I have depth perception difficulties, and vertigo. This time I made sure to wear my glasses (can't see up close or far away) which helped a lot. I enjoyed this trip. PR didn't and hopes not to ride again. GM did and would ride this again.

We then strolled to the viewing area for Illuminations which, as we approached, looked packed. We discovered that only the perimeter was shoulder to shoulder, with plenty of open areas closer to the lagoon to watch the show. Amazingly, Sierra fell asleep, and never seemed to notice the noise.

After the finale, we shopped at Mouse Gears til about 10 pm. We had little wait for the Wilderness Lodge bus nor did we have to stand on the bus. Hooray for Mouse Gears.

At the end of the day - We had a great breakfast at Norway, loved O Canada, GK and Sam enjoyed ToT - twice, Sierra got to talk to Crush, I discovered Soarin' is enjoyable, GM and PR had another magical day in the World. Bittersweet, as it was their last evening. It was a good day.

Thanks for reading!

Jan

yjgirl32
03-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice report- thanks for sharing.

PinKy
03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great day!

faline
03-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Wow! Terrific day from start to finish!

mouseketeer mom
03-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Agreed! That really was a wonderful day from start to finish! Cool that Sierra got to "talk" to Crush!

vizsla
03-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
03-12-2010, 09:16 PM
It's really wonderful that you were able to switch around the Princess Breakfast - it sounds like a real treat, especially for Sierra! Isn't Crush 'da bomb'? :D All in all, a great day. Glad to know Sierra is feeling better - and that you're all enjoying yourselves! :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: