PDA

View Full Version : Car rental while at WDW

B.R. Guest
03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
We're staying at the AKL, taking a Magical Journeys bus from the Orlando Airport to AKL. However, after four nights, we're going to the Disney Vero Beach resort. What's the best way to rent a car? My thoughts are to catch a bus to the airport, rent one there, and drive back to AKL to get my family and luggage. Reason being, we're going straight from the Vero resort to the Orlando airport to catch our flight home. If anyone has a more efficient idea, I'm all ears!:mickey:
Thanks for everyone's help on this one.

mom2morgan
03-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I don't know locations, so perhaps someone can help me, but I know that some car rentals will come right to Animal Kingdom to pick you up, and that you can then drop the car off at the airport. It might be slightly more expensive than dropping off at the same location, but it sounds like a huge time waster to have to take the Magical Express all the way to the airport and drive back.

caryrae
03-07-2010, 04:35 PM
This may help http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=165321&highlight=rental

lindique
03-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Just about every car rental agency has a location somewhere on property. National and Alamo are at the Car Care Center and the Dolphin, Hertz is at Shades of Green, and the rest of them are at the hotels on Hotel Blvd near Downtown Disney. Most will send a Shuttle Bus anywhere on property to pick you up. It's very easy to do - you just have to make a reservation to be picked up the day before.

faline
03-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Also be sure to price out the costs. It might cost about the same to rent the car for the week rather than just the few nights that you're going to Vero Beach.