View Full Version : DisneyorBust returns to the "World" Day 5

DisneyorBust
03-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Cast:
Me, DisneyorBust
DW, wonderful wife
February 6th, 2010
Day 5

We’re up before the alarm. We get all packed and head for breakfast. We enjoy croissant sandwiches and head out to wait for ME. We haven’t heard from home – they aren’t awake yet. Just as the bus is pulling up, my husband’s phone rings – our flights are canceled due to weather on the East Coast. We need to call SW to rebook. We just look at each other and say, what now? So we head back to the room to regroup. I call SW and am put into the queue that says my wait time is 3 hours. I’m not sure my battery on my phone will last that long!! My husband begins calling home with his phone to determine what the status is in Pittsburgh. We find out the airport is currently closed. No flights landing. They got approximately 25 inches of snow and it’s still snowing. I finally get thru to SW and our next possible flight out is Tuesday – yes I said Tuesday (it’s currently Saturday). SW to our knowledge did not fly on Saturday or Sunday due to weather in our area. We took the flights – what choice did we have? I immediately began calling other airlines. We were able to book a Delta flight out Sunday at 6 AM to Cincinnati and then Cincinnati to Pittsburgh. We’d be home by 11 AM. Didn’t think that we’ve have to get up at 2:00 AM to be waiting for the ME at 3:00 AM!! So we booked it. Now we need a room. We call WDW Travel and yes SSR is still available but BC is cheaper. So we book BC for Saturday night. Still no values or moderates available – how can that be?

Well since we’re going to be here yet another day – we probably should do all our laundry (just in case). So we head there and complete the laundry. By the way the laundry was free, you read correctly, free! Just had to pay for detergent. We pack and give our luggage again to bell services for transportation to the BC. By this time it’s close to noon. We hop on a bus and head to downtown Disney. We really didn’t want to incur the cost of park tickets so we decided to browse there before heading to the BC. The weather has cleared up nicely. It’s sunny and the sky is blue. The temp though is cool. We’re in jeans and jackets. We peruse the shops. We stop at the Earl of Sandwich for lunch. This was very tasty. (can’t remember what we ate). We finished up and they hopped a bus back to the BC. We are not familiar with this area. So we mistakenly get off the bus at the Swan and Dolphin. Oh well what better way to learn the area than to walk thru every thing. So we did – wow – there’s a lot of area to cover of there!! It was really nice though. Quiet – I sorta enjoy it. We explored as we went along. I might not mind staying at either the BC, YC or BW one time. We finally head to the registration desk and check in. Our room is ready. So we head on up. We settle in and basically do nothing. I think we are both emotionally spent at this point. Both hoping that we get home Sunday. We’re worried about our kids, our house, our parents. It’s a lot of responsibility to give to kids and we are feeling like terrible parents. There was no way we could enjoy these extra days even if we wanted to. Our place was home and we weren’t there.

We order room service because we didn’t have any ADRs and it was pretty unlikely we’d get in anywhere. Since we had a 2:00 AM wake up call. It was lights out by 8:30 – 9:00 PM. (with a prayer that all goes well) I kept checking the flights and our Delta flight was on time!! YIPPY.

Melanie
03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
I love the Boardwalk/Yacht & Beach area. Hey, at least you got to try out something new!

I'm sorry for your weather situation. Not your fault though!!! Don't beat yourself up. Sure hoping this last flight change is the winner and you don't have to change resorts again.

KylesMom
03-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I call SW and am put into the queue that says my wait time is 3 hours. Oy vey, that right there would cause me to panic a little. I can only imagine how difficult it was to just kind of "hang out", not knowing when you were going to get home. You're sure getting to sample some different resorts, aren't you?! I hope this report has a good ending and that tomorrow finds you home, safe and sound! :mickey:

faline
03-07-2010, 07:35 PM
You're certainly doing lots of packing wihtout getting to go very far!! However, you are getting to review a fair number of Disney resorts along the way!

mouseketeer mom
03-09-2010, 08:39 AM
This is just crazy. I would feel the same as you are describing..this pull to be home, and strangely stuck at WDW..

vizsla
03-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
03-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Oh no- more bad news. Sorry to hear things aren't going your way. Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
03-11-2010, 11:31 AM
That is a tough deal on so many levels. Not knowing when you will get home, having to spend more money, and kind of in a holding pattern.

Sorry that that had to happen to you.

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
03-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: