PDA

View Full Version : good deal? should I plan?

svarhall07
03-06-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm asking for help deciding if I should plan a vacation. I've been saving to go to China for a month with a group of students from my school (i'm in college) and at the last minute I've had to drop out for summer related issues, not important.

I looked on Disney.com and found 2 people can do a 5 night stay at Pop with dining plan and 6-day park hopper for a little more than $1,600. I can really go anytime between May 6th and June 2nd.

So two questions. Is that a good deal - are there any better deals out there? Would it be crazy for me to ask a friend to go, pay the whole bill with my saved money, and just ask them to pay for their flight and all the tips at the meals?

I really have the Disney bug and want to go and start planning, but want to "think it through" first. :thumbsup:

PopPhan
03-06-2010, 10:53 PM
That sounds like the basic Disney deal. I would suggest that you contact Magical Journeys, give them your dates and budget and let them take care of your arrangements. That way, if any better deals come along, they will update your reservation and possibly save you some $$$$!!!

forever a child
03-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Yes, Magical Journey will make sure you get the best deal! Sorry to hear about China but Disney will be a great 2nd best!:mickey:

DizneyRox
03-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Weren't they advertising a family of 4 for $1500 a couple of years ago? Mom says "yeah, we can do that!?"

Prices have gone up it seems. I think you can do better than 1.6k at a value, but maybe I'm wrong.

AndrewJackson
03-07-2010, 03:44 PM
I would suggest that you reserve your room seperate using the 25% discount they are offering right now. Then each of you can get your own passes and pay for your own meals.

If you cut back on the park passes - maybe only going 3 or 4 days instead of all 6 - you could save some money.

mom2morgan
03-07-2010, 04:06 PM
I would suggest that you reserve your room seperate using the 25% discount they are offering right now. Then each of you can get your own passes and pay for your own meals.

If you cut back on the park passes - maybe only going 3 or 4 days instead of all 6 - you could save some money.

Agree. booking components separatey almost always saves you money. Mind you, I might not skimp on the park passes - there really isn't a big cost difference to start adding on days once you've paid for 4. If money is tight, though, you can save a lot by making do without park hoppers or the water park option. sorry to hear about China!! My daughter went last year and enjoyed it, despite some degree of culture shock ;-) But there IS an China pavilion at Epcot...LOL

CleveRocks
03-07-2010, 04:49 PM
I disagree. The price difference between a 3-day pass and a 6-day pass is only $16.

For park passes, the 4th day costs only $10 more and the 5th through 10th days cost only $3 each.