PDA

View Full Version : Easter...Maybe not too crowded?

ravsluvdisney
03-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I was able to book the Princess Breakfast at Norway for Easter morning today. I got a prime time and quite frankly I was shocked it was available. Could this be an indication that the week before Easter might not be so bad...she said hopefully?:fingers:!

Strmchsr
03-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Don't count on that. However, Disney knows very well how to handle crowds and they have full staff on duty for those heavy weeks to help. So, even during an extremely crowded week like Easter you might be able to enjoy similar stuff to a less crowded, but less fully staffed, week.

alliekat
03-07-2010, 08:54 AM
I was able to book the Princess Breakfast at Norway for Easter morning today. I got a prime time and quite frankly I was shocked it was available. Could this be an indication that the week before Easter might not be so bad...she said hopefully?:fingers:!

I am hoping you are right, we will be there that week as well. Although a crowded Disney is still much better then no Disney at all!

mouseketeer mom
03-07-2010, 09:10 AM
I am going Easter week also, and was able to get everything we wanted last month, including Chef Mickeys, Le Cellier, and Ohana's for Easter dinner. Hoping the crowds aren't as insane as the past!

AndrewJackson
03-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I am going Easter week also, and was able to get everything we wanted last month, including Chef Mickeys, Le Cellier, and Ohana's for Easter dinner. Hoping the crowds aren't as insane as the past!

I would be very suprised if the week before and after Easter are not insane, however I am also surprised that you could get Cheg Mickeys and Le Cellier just a couple of months prior to the trip. Maybe it will not be so bad after all. Here is to wishful thinking :thumbsup:

We are going March 19-26, and we could not get Chef Mickeys at a reasonable time. The only times available were around 8:30-9:00. That will not work for a 5 yr old. I was persistent, and finally got a 5:15.

DVC2004
03-07-2010, 04:58 PM
I would say it will still be busy. There are alo of folks that stay offsite and only spend a day or two at the WDW parks. But, happy to hear you got great ressies! Any trip to WDW is good- crowded or not.

Disneyfirsttimer
03-07-2010, 08:06 PM

That's the week we are going - March 27 to April 3. Getting home just in time for Easter. We have arrived the day after Easter (our first trip) and it was crowded but manageable.

Enjoy your trip!

Karyn

Strmchsr
03-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Well, as of today there is VERY strong evidence that Easter may well be less crowded than normal. Disney has unblocked the Easter dates for discounts. If they are allowing discounts during Easter then expected crowds must be down significantly.

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
03-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Which discounts have been unblocked for Easter? The website still shows blackout dates from 3/28-4/11 for their current discounts.

Strmchsr
03-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Which discounts have been unblocked for Easter? The website still shows blackout dates from 3/28-4/11 for their current discounts.

They are not very good at updating their website. That was an internal announcement. I don't think they've made a big deal out of that publicly (probably because they don't want folks who have already booked to switch to the discount code).

After I said that about being less crowded, though, I've seen they've extended hours and added extra shows in late March and early April which usually means bigger crowds, so I'm not sure what to expect.