PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Walk-ins with no ADR

tkdmom
03-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone,

We are leaving in two weeks for WDW :party: and we are wondering if anyone had suggestions for TS dining that we might have a good chance of getting into as a walk-in.

We will be a party of 3 and we have not booked the DDP. We are just thinking that while we are there, we might like to have one or two TS meals. Are there places with good food that are likely to be a bit less busy? Also, would we have better luck at lunch than dinner?

We will be staying at POFQ. Is the TS restaurant at POR good, and would we be able to get in there without an ADR?

Thanks for your help!

EeyoresBestFriend
03-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Hey Fellow Canadian! :thumbsup:

We've done quite a few trips without ressies (2 of us) and have not had alot of problems getting in most of the TS places. That being said ~ we don't go to places like character dinners, le Cellier. We tend to like to check out a place the day we decide what park we'll be in. We have in the past checked at Guest Services when we are heding into the park and will set up a ressie for lunch or dinner that day. We have also just done walk ins too.

We have been successful but there are a few considerations ~ don't go at the regular high times (like 6pm) and be prepared if they can not seat you. We tend to eat earlier than most people and haven't ever had issues.

Good Luck and I'm alittle jealous ~ I still have 53 days to go! :D

forever a child
03-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey OP, we have the same plans! There are just 2 of us and we are planning to do 2 - 3 TS without ADR's. I have done it in the past (2005) before DDP was big and never had problems but I guess today it is all very different. Please reply to this post after your trip and let us know how it all turned out. I would love to know, our trip is in May! Good Luck!:thumbsup:

:mickey:

cinderellagrl
03-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Hello! We do quite a few last minute weekend trips to Disney and find ourselves without ADRs. We often go to the concierge right after we check in and see what we can find. We have often had good luck with: biergarten (anytime), Citricos (dinner), Grand Floridian Cafe (anytime), Kona Cafe (lunch), Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner) , Yak and Yeti (lunch), Chefs de France, and Bistro de paris.
another tip: there are a few restaurants that do not take ressies (at least from Disney), such as Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach club!

Strmchsr
03-06-2010, 04:00 PM
2 best ways to do this - check with you concierge or, for Epcot, walk into guest relations, which is to the left of Spaceship Earth if you're looking at it from the front. They have a sign in there posting which restaurants still have ADRs available for that day. Those would be the most likely locations to accept walk-ups.

Pirate Granny
03-06-2010, 04:17 PM
HUMMMMMMMMMMMm you do realize that you are going in prime season...spring breaks and right before Easter...I don't know how many reservations you'll be able to snag...I would take a look and book a few now...If it were a different month other than March-April around Eastertime you might not have had any problems.
:pirate:

tkdmom
03-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

Thirteen days and counting...:woohoo:

Fangorn
03-07-2010, 11:21 AM
We will be staying at POFQ. Is the TS restaurant at POR good, and would we be able to get in there without an ADR?

The answer to this is yes and yes. Boatwrights is IMHO a very good dining option. We've always had good food and excellent service. It is not usually very crowded at all. We eat there frequently (at least once per trip), have only had an ADR there once but didn't need it.

Enjoy!

Steve

tkdmom
03-07-2010, 01:17 PM
The answer to this is yes and yes. Boatwrights is IMHO a very good dining option. We've always had good food and excellent service. It is not usually very crowded at all. We eat there frequently (at least once per trip), have only had an ADR there once but didn't need it.

Enjoy!

Steve

Good to know - thanks so much!

garymacd
03-09-2010, 03:16 PM
My advice, for what its worth, is don't be too fussy on locations and be flexible on eating times.

We have done the same thing as you are doing - going with no ADR's and had no trouble finding a place to eat. We walked into the Rose and Crown in EPCOT and were seated right away. Of course, they had just started serving dinner and it was about 4:30 - 4:45 pm. But, hey, we got a great meal and a place in shelter when the thunderstorm hit.

Jillirose
03-13-2010, 04:45 PM
We had a party of 4 in FEB and walked in several times. As someone already said, don't go at 6:00. 5:00 worked great for us.

Friend of Figment
03-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Prime Time Cafe is very popular, but you can eat at the bar with no reservation. Also, the Wave in the Contemporary is often available.