PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Animal Kingdom Vet Facilities

B.R. Guest
03-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Kind of an unusual request...my 10 year old is wanting to become a vet. And her dream job is to be a vet at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Is there any chance that I could get a behind the scenes tour of their facilities. Who would you recommend that I contact? We'll be there June 13-16. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

B.R. Guest

Jeri Lynn
03-06-2010, 10:51 AM
They do offer tours but it looks like one tour you have to be 16 years old and the other 14.

If you click above on Info Central and scroll down to Special Programs you will see the two tours listed there.

Jeri Lynn
03-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I forgot to add this to my last post, but at the Animal Kingdom there is a place called the Conservation Station, you take a train to it, there is a building where you can see some animal care, last time we went there they were working on a turtle! We also watched a woman put together food dishes for the different animals. It may not be exactly what you are looking for but it is interesting to go through.

Tick-Tock
03-06-2010, 04:26 PM
They are very strict on the ages for the behind-the-scenes tours. But you can see about as much of the vet section anyway by going to Conservation Station - we looked at the operating/treatment room through glass windows on one side, and the public was looking through glass windows on the other side.

B.R. Guest
03-06-2010, 04:49 PM
We were in a major hurry (flight connections) the last trip to AK and didn't do the Conservation Station. I researched that this afternoon and we'll do that until my DD gets a little older. Thanks for all your input.

ILoveLegos
03-06-2010, 05:30 PM
We were in a major hurry (flight connections) the last trip to AK and didn't do the Conservation Station. I researched that this afternoon and we'll do that until my DD gets a little older. Thanks for all your input.

In case no one has said it yet, :welcome: to Intercot!

:mickey:

B.R. Guest
03-07-2010, 10:45 AM
It's great to be here!:thumbsup: