PDA

View Full Version : Viewing International Space Station

Altair
03-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Does anyone else look for this? It is an impressive sight as a very bright and fast moving object. It is even better when the Shuttle is docked with it or just near it.

The station must pass overhead very near your location for it to be visible. Go to the
heavens-above site to get siting information. Just as an example, if you live in Philadelphia, the station will be visible beginning at 6:08pm est tonight March 6. It will move from SW to NE and takes about 4 minutes to cross the sky.
:thumbsup:

d_m_n_n
03-06-2010, 08:22 AM
We LOVE tracking and viewing the ISS!!! It's so cool to put it in to perspective! :)

brownie
03-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Never looked for it but I think I'll have to see if we can see it sometime over the summer.

Nini
03-06-2010, 11:34 PM
We got to see it last time we were at Disney World - January '09. After several nights of wondering what that bright "star" was (it was very bright, and out really early, and my husband had to keep telling me that no, we weren't facing north when we were looking at it so it was not the north star:blush:), my husband overheard people talking about it being the space station. I'm glad we learned what it was before we left.

Denise :mickey:

Princess'Mom
03-08-2010, 09:54 AM
We love watching for the ISS! My DH will check when it is flying over our house. For awhile, my DD thought her Dad was 'ordering' it to do a flyover just for her! :D

tazlikesrobots
03-08-2010, 09:56 AM
We saw it from our backyard not too long ago. The best part is that the spasce shuttle was not too far, so we got to see both in one night!