PDA

View Full Version : july compared to presidents week crowds

happy day
03-05-2010, 09:30 PM
I have been reading about the crowds during presidents week, and I don't really want to ever go t o disney with crowds like that. I booked a July trip for this summer, and I was wondering if the crowds are like that then?

KylesMom
03-05-2010, 09:38 PM
When are you planning to attend in July?

Joannelet
03-05-2010, 09:59 PM
4th of July week maybe.....but I was there the week of July 18th this past year and it wasn't bad at all.

happy day
03-06-2010, 10:16 AM
I am planning on July 21-27.

Maleficent's Dad
03-06-2010, 11:33 AM
July's pretty busy - and hot!
I was there for President's Week a few weeks ago - the crowds were insane, and much larger than most President Weeks!!!

I don't believe later July will be quite as crowded.

KylesMom
03-07-2010, 11:07 AM
We've been there for the timeframe you mentioned in the past - and will be there again beginning July 24th of this year. Really, if it was that awful, we would not repeat a trip during this time - hence why we've never been there on an official holiday. There's only so much "high density" crowd action we can handle. :D

Will it be crowded? Yes, but all parks have plenty of longer hours to combat them. The biggest issue we've had with later July crowds is the tour groups - but these too are manageable. Use FastPass!

Will it be hot? Yep, so make certain you stay hydrated & cool off at the indoor attractions. We typically arrive at park opening, go back to our resort to rest/swim during the hottest part of the day & return to the parks in the early evening.

I think you'll have a great time! :mickey: