PDA

View Full Version : NFL free agency thread

gueli
03-05-2010, 08:33 PM
So the bears are out of the gate and spending lotsamonneeey.

What is your team doing, who do you think will be where when its all over ?

And to pre answer Pagans question- we are doing nothing in free agency. We made the deal with sandiego, which if they can resurect comride (I do not know the spelling of his name, and dont feel like looking it up) gives us 2 tough corners.
As for free agency- with the restrictions on us- we will have to wait & see. This might be a year that the Jets will have to rely on other's castoffs...

so what are the fish thinking ?

and what is your team thinking ?
:mickey:

Go Jets
:number1:

Melanie
03-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Woohoo - the Bears can have Peppers. His true UNC mentality was shining through there at the end of his time in Charlotte. :rolleyes:

And FINALLY, the Panthers brass went with their heads instead of their hearts. Goodbye Jake! Good guy, mediocre QB they held onto for way too long. So excited for a fresh start in Carolina!

WDWfanatic742
03-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Atlanta signed Dunta Robinson today. One defensive player down, 10 more to sign left :D :ack:

gueli
03-06-2010, 08:11 PM
OK just some heads up notes here-

Anquan Boldin (arizona) is now with the Ravens.

Giants have reportidly signed arizona free saftey Rolle...

and Arizona tradded for Jets safty Kerry Rhodes...

and Big Ben Rothlesberger is being investigated ....

:beer:

Melanie
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
and Big Ben Rothlesberger is being investigated ....

You know, I hate to say it (and this is totally :offtopic:, but that seems kinda standard in this forum), but when it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Pagan
03-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm quite happy with the Phins getting Carlos Dansby and releasing Joey Porter.

I'm STILL trying to figure out why the Jets let Thomas go and traded for a CB whose play has diminished over the past few years, has more off the field problems than anyone I've seen, and doesn't like to tackle!

What's your thoughts on that Geuls?

Missy_Mouses_Dad
03-07-2010, 09:40 PM
The barez can sign whoever they want. They still have the same qb and "offensive" scheme.

On a sad note for the green and gold. Jacksonville signed Aaron Kampmann. He was a class person and all pro on d-line, then Ted Thompson in his infinite wisdom changes him to linebacker.

Jag fans should like the energizer bunny attitude he brings to the field.

The Pack hasn't done a thing. Which is the norm for Thompson. For some reason he wants to be able to say he has the youngest team in the nfl.

gueli
03-09-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm quite happy with the Phins getting Carlos Dansby and releasing Joey Porter.

I'm STILL trying to figure out why the Jets let Thomas go and traded for a CB whose play has diminished over the past few years, has more off the field problems than anyone I've seen, and doesn't like to tackle!

What's your thoughts on that Geuls?

Jones while productive, had a very big contract. We have 2 experienced RB's (washington- comming off injury) and Greene - who had an outstanding playoff until injured. also when Jones was asked to do it alone in the playoffs- even though he too had a knee banged up, TJ couldn't get it done. Sign of the times- he is older, but its generally the young backs who break big.

Now as to Comrartie (i still cant spell his name), but the CB. Here is the deal- the guy is young- 25 i believe- and has talent. If Bill Parcells got a hold of him- I am sure parcells could push his buttons and get a pro bowl level talent back out of comrartie. I think the Jets see his upside - he has a lot of off field issues- and if he gets a fresh start, plays within Rex's system that he might regain probowl form. Its a gamble, but it might pay off.

thats what I see...