PDA

View Full Version : Hogwarts Express Photo Released Today

Melanie
03-05-2010, 05:01 PM
The Hogwarts Express arrives at Hogsmeade Station as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter continues to develop at Universal Orlando Resort. As guests enter Hogsmeade, they will be greeted by the iconic, smoke-billowing steam engine, made famous in the Harry Potter books and films for transporting students to a world of magic and wonder. Opening in Spring 2010 only at Universal Orlando Resort, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will feature multiple themed attractions, shops and a restaurant.

Photo Credit: Kevin Kolczynski, Universal Orlando Resort

© 2010 Universal Orlando Resort. All rights reserved.

HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR.

EeyoresBestFriend
03-05-2010, 06:17 PM
How Kewl!!!

Thanks, Melanears!!

We'll see it in person in 55 days!! :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
03-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Great pic! Thanks!

forever a child
03-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Too bad it won't do anything but sit there:(

NJGIRL
03-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for posting the picture! I'm starting to get really excited about our upcoming visit.

websitekid
03-05-2010, 09:32 PM
What do you guys think the crowd response will be to this new attraction? I have already seen WDW commercials offering great summer deals in order to combat the expected depletion in sales as a result of this. Aslo- thoughts as to if the Give a Day Get a Day will extend through the opening of the Harry Potter attraction?

Melanie
03-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Aslo- thoughts as to if the Give a Day Get a Day will extend through the opening of the Harry Potter attraction?

Apparently, the deadline for signing up for GAD volunteer opportunities is this weekend. It's been very popular!

Touchdown
03-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Also it is important to note that while Hogsmede, Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff will be opening soon, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is not opening anytime soon, as its run into technical difficulties.

NJGIRL
03-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I think whether the whole HP land is finished or not the responce to this is going to be big. Look at TSM at DS, it's only one ride and I have read that many people started going back to DS just to ride that attraction.

Touchdown
03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
No doubt but without that new ride, anyone who has visited IOA before is going to be disapointed as the rest of the area is merely a retheme of old rides, shops and restaurants.

murphy1
03-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Very excited!! We are going to go in Nov/Dec after it dies down a bit.

magicalmom
05-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Also it is important to note that while Hogsmede, Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff will be opening soon, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is not opening anytime soon, as its run into technical difficulties.

Does this mean it won't open by June 18th, won't open this summer at all, or won't open this calendar year?(Do you think?)

Thanks -