PDA

View Full Version : 3/5 Last day to sign up for GAD promotion!

forever a child
03-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Got an email today that after 3/5 Disney would no longer allow people to search for and apply to the Give a Day Program.

If you have already signed up they will honor your volunteer time once it is completed and you will be receiving your voucher.

If you have ALREADY requested information with a particular Non Profit and will be signing up as a result of that contact, they will honor your volunteer time and you will receive a voucher.

So today is the last day!:hi:

KylesMom
03-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Well, I think we all knew that those million tickets between the two parks were going to go fast . . . I really thought they would expand the promotion, though. I bet there are going to be a lot of disappointed people out there!

disneymom15
03-05-2010, 05:26 PM
We are scheduled to volunteer tomorrow. Glad we signed up when we did. Thanks for the info.

Melanie
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
No doubt Carol. It's barely March. :scratch:

Thanks to the OP for the heads-up. I just spent 15 minutes looking through the site for opportunities and realized how limited our time as a whole family really is. So, I signed up for making blankets for kitties :cat:, but it's one of those where the organization is to get back to you within 5 days. Wonder if we'll still be eligible? :confused:

forever a child
03-05-2010, 05:59 PM
No doubt Carol. It's barely March. :scratch:

Thanks to the OP for the heads-up. I just spent 15 minutes looking through the site for opportunities and realized how limited our time as a whole family really is. So, I signed up for making blankets for kitties :cat:, but it's one of those where the organization is to get back to you within 5 days. Wonder if we'll still be eligible? :confused:

This is what our email stated...

Please continue to conduct the activities that any volunteers have already signed up for in the VOP. Additionally, please continue to manage and verify the completion of service of volunteers for such eligible activities.

Please remind any volunteers who have expressed interest in your opportunities - and with whom you've already arranged a date and time to serve - that they MUST complete the sign-up process through DisneyParks.com before the one-million ticket goal has been reached.

You can see whether or not they have completed the registration and sign up process by clicking on the "View Volunteer Signups" link in the VOP. If they are not on the list, then they have not yet finished the registration process. If they do not finish the registration process before the program ends, you will not be able to verify their service and they will not be able to receive theme park tickets.

If a volunteer cancels or is a no-show for an opportunity they signed up for, you may not verify their service. If the volunteer cancels or is a no-show for the opportunity they signed up for after the million ticket goal is met, they will not be able to search and sign-up for an alternate opportunity under the program in order to receive a voucher.

So I would say as long as the organization gets back with you and you are officially signed up, you would be ok. The define the day that the program ends as the actual date that they receive their number of 1 Million. But we do not know what specific date that will be. I take this that 1 Million is defined as those who are signed up in the system and/or they will go over the number to honor those who are in the system. Not sure though.

Melanie
03-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: The organization has already gotten in touch with me and I've now done part 2 of the sign-up process with Hands On, so I should be good to go. The lady from the organization was also very adament that the sign-ups would end this weekend.

Dsnygirl
03-07-2010, 03:28 AM
I am really hoping we will be okay... we signed up with an organization here in NY through Disney, got the confirmation from the organization for our date, and just had to do the last step through Disney's organization.

The potential problem?? The organization Disney uses wouldn't let us complete our registration b/c our date with the charity isn't until May 15th, and the date you're volunteering has to be within 60 days of when you register.

So, I'd planned to finish our registration through the Disney site on March 15th.

So -- does anyone know if we'll be okay? I've tried to call, but can't seem to find the right dept. to talk to.

Like I said, we're already signed up and have a confirmation letter from the charity we chose, with our date confirmed... we just haven't registered it w/ Disney's charitable site.

Sigh... I hope we're okay!

forever a child
03-07-2010, 02:35 PM
You must be confirmed through the Disney web site. If your confirmation is just from the organization itself, then I do not think you are yet set up for park vouchers. However you should be able to go back upon your 60 day mark and set up your completed date. If you go to the FAQ's page you should see a Disney number to call and ask questions....
Good Luck!:mickey:

mrmcgiv
03-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I signed up last night for an opportunity and it took my info and said i was confirmed. Also, I checked today ad there are new volunteer ops popping up as of today form yesterday.

Hopefully they are still honoring these!

forever a child
03-07-2010, 08:21 PM
I signed up last night for an opportunity and it took my info and said i was confirmed. Also, I checked today ad there are new volunteer ops popping up as of today form yesterday.

Hopefully they are still honoring these!

More info from my email....

"By Friday, March 5, all flexible schedule volunteer opportunities and the ability for volunteers to search for participating organizations and arrange service will be removed from the search at www.DisneyParks.com. At such time, it will only be possible for organizations to post date- and time-specific opportunities to the VOP."

Dsnygirl
03-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Well, we'll see how this works for us --

I've tried finding a number to call Disney about the program, but none exists on their website, and I've tried calling the HandsOn Network to ask re: the registration timing... but they no longer are accepting calls re: Disney.

So... as my "60 day window" still isn't until the 15th of March, I just signed up for an earlier date, although it isn't the date the organization we chose is expecting us.

I then sent an e-mail to the organization, letting them know what was going on and that we would still be there the date we are scheduled, but with the program ending, I had to sign up for an earlier date or risk not getting registered in time.

My registration w/ HandsOn & Disney seems to have gone through, so I'm not sure if the program is truly at completion -- and it is still on Disney's website, as well, with volunteer opportunities still listed.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we're all set -- I'm just so surprised that there are organizations out there with multiple dates throughout the spring and summer that you can sign up for -- yet when you register, the date you've chosen to volunteer has to be w/in 60 days to be able to register. That cuts a whole host of opportunities and people out of being able to do it, at least from a registration standpoint.

Hopefully we're good... has anyone else had this issue?

MarkC
03-09-2010, 10:14 AM
We had to do the same. Our day isn't until May 22nd and we signed up a couple of weeks ago. I just plugged in a day on the calendar and the system accepted it. I called the organization and she had our names, so we should be good and so should you. You may want to call your local charity to make sure they have you listed. In our case the event is only on one specific day so it was no issue, but you may want to verify your situation if there are mulitple days they have volunteers. Good luck.

forever a child
03-09-2010, 07:34 PM
I Million Gad Reached according to my email today. (Those who are signed up waiting to finish your give a day are included in that 1 million count)

Dsnygirl
03-10-2010, 07:30 AM
:mickey: Well, I think we're okay.... I got an e-mail from Disney @ Give A Day Support, stating that the 60-day window is to encourage people to participate where there is an immediate need.

They apologized that I wasn't able to immediately sign up for our date b/c of that, but that they hadn't reached their 1 million goal yet, so we should be fine.

This was at 3:29pm, here is the exact phrasing -

"At the current time we are close to our commitment of 1 million people, but we have not reached it yet. Guests are still encouraged to sign up to volunteer."

This all gets a little confusing, esp. since our local news had an article today talking about the increase in volunteerism locally b/c of the program, and they stated that the program had run for 10 weeks but was now closed b/c they had reached the 1 million mark. :confused:

I'm choosing to believe the e-mail I got, esp. since I'm all confirmed with my charity, as well as with Disney now...

... but good luck to anyone still wanting to sign up, it seems as if you still might have a chance! :thumbsup: