PDA

View Full Version : In a quandry first night

c&d
03-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm usually really good about making decisions on what we'll be doing once we arrive at WDW as far as dining. But now I just can't make a decision. Our flight lands at 6:00pm in Orlando, which is great considering we usually land around 11:30pm.

The night we arrive it's EMH at Epcot so I figure we'll check in and head over to the park. Gotta get those first rides in.

Now here's my problem. I know we'll be hungry and since we're on the dining plan, I have 1 TS left during our vacation. I figured we could to a TS around 8:30 and still have time for the park.

So here's my question would you make a reservation for dinner or just go to the park and grab a counter service and save the TS? I can get some ADR's at Epcot that night. I just keep going back and forth on whether to do a sit down meal. I know we're going to be hungry and I know we're gonna want to go on the rides.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SBETigg
03-05-2010, 11:22 AM
If you're going to go for EMH, you might as well enjoy it and just grab a CS. Consider making one of your other meals a signature meal or squeezing in something on another day. Or, if you think you'll get enough of rides earlier, do the sit down dinner a little later in the night. You could always make the ADR and cancel it if you're thinking it won't work out in the end.

KylesMom
03-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I agree - if you were getting there earlier in the afternoon, I'd definitely suggest a TS for later in the evening. However, if you aren't supposed to land until 6, you probably won't arrive at your resort until close to 7 if your flight is on time. You may not arrive at Epcot until close to 8:00. I'd doubt that your family is going to be ready to sit down when you walk through the gates, so I'd plan on "winging it" with CS. I don't know how late the TS restaurants are open during EMH, but I don't think they extend through the whole EMH evening.

faline
03-05-2010, 11:52 AM
I'd go with counter service. An 8:30 dining reservation might be pushing it if your plane lands at 6.

DizneyRox
03-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't plan any dining within 3 hours of landing. You might make it, you might not.

I'd grab a bite at your resort quite honestly, we landed later one night and ended up going to bed hungry as we couldn't find "anything" to eat. Even most of the resort restaurants had closed already. It was later than 9pm, but with the way the airlines are running, I wouldn't risk it.