PDA

View Full Version : Sierra shows her GrandParents the World - Day 2

Janmac
03-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Sierra shows her grandparents the World & VWL

Disney's Hollywood Studios & Germany at Epcot – 24 January

The Plan – We want to arrive before rope drop and head for Toy Story Mania, then possibly Star Wars, Muppets 3D, Indiana Jones Stunt Show and maybe the Great Movie Ride followed by lunch at the Backlot Express. After some resort time in the early afternoon, we'll head to Epcot for the Universe of Energy before going to the Biergarten at Germany for supper.

What really happened – Sierra got sick. Multiple times on the bus and then at Disney's Hollywood Studios. At first we hoped she was merely overheated (it was a warm morning) and excited while on the bus. She seemed better after she got off the bus. Instead of heading for TSM, we went in search of a change of clothes for Sierra. GM was happy to buy a cute Minnie skirt and t-shirt for Sierra. At various stores, several Cast Members went out of their way to be helpful. Certainly Disney at its best.

Meanwhile I went to Toy Story Mania to get Fast Passes. It was interesting that at 9:20 am, there was a line for Fast Passes which stretched almost back to the Narnia walk through. The return time for FP already between noon and 1 pm. Stand by was 40 minutes at that time.

After meeting up with the rest of our group we went to Star Tours, which Sierra said she felt well enough for. She didn't feel up to getting on the Speeder outside, altho Sam and PR posed for their photos. While GK, GM and PR went to check on the first showing of Indiana Jones Stunt Show, we went down to the First Aid Center where we got Sierra a dose of Ibuprofen (we were so unprepared!). Sierra was on a mission to find a balloon after seeing so many at MK the day before.

Unfortunately, about the time we got back by Indiana Jones, she got sick again – wasn't much left in her by now but the sips of water she'd been wanting. She said, “That's it! I want to go back to the room!” We assured her we'd find a balloon another day. Sierra seemed to need to get a bit better before we tried heading back to our villa so she and Sam rested by the Big Hat while GK, GM and PR, who had missed the first showing of Indiana Jones Stunt Show, went to Great Movie Ride instead. Sierra wanted ginger ale by this time so I went to the Brown Derby, which at 10:30 wasn't going to be serving yet, but the door was open. When I asked the CM at the reservation desk if he knew of anywhere I could get some ginger ale, he said wait one moment and went into the restaurant. I figured he was asking for info but when he reappeared in just a few moments, he had a to go cup of ice, a straw and a can of Seagram's Ginger Ale. When I asked what did I owe him, he said, “Enjoy”. More Disney at its best.

Sierra was so glad to be sipping on the ginger ale. By the time GK, GM and PR exited GMR she felt up to tackling the bus ride back to the VWL. We never did think of alternate transportation. GM and PR wanted to try the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, so they opted to return to the VWL later. The rest of us went back to our Villa where Sierra rested on the couch, watching television and drinking ginger ale. About mid afternoon GM and PR returned to the villa. GM said she could understand why we left the parks at mid-day for a rest.

This seems a good time for a couple of Old Key West/Villas at Wilderness Lodge comparisons. On our previous trip we'd had a 2 bedroom villa at OKW. We really like the ability to park practically at one's door at that resort. At VWL it's a good hike to your vehicle. On the other hand, we were very glad to be at VWL because of Roaring Fork and the better (compared to OKW) counter service selections, especially as we found ourselves eating counter service lunch and supper on the same day.

I called Disney Dining and moved the Biergarten supper to the next evening. We had a Princess Storybook Breakfast ADR for 8:30 in the morning which I switched to Wednesday morning. We got sandwiches at Roaring Fork which we ate in our villa. Sam opened out the sofa bed and she and Sierra put a Winnie the Pooh movie in to watch.

At the end of the day - We had to make a few adjustments today. GM and PR got to see the Stunt Show and even went on Star Tours again. Sierra was getting better, and had a really cute outfit, which GM was so happy to get for her. We were still on the lookout for a balloon. We had a restful evening at our villa, which was probably just what newbies GM and PR needed, too. And we got to dispense a little Disney Magic of our own by giving away our 4 FP for TSM on our way out of the Studios. Our Garden Grocer order arrived today, so we have more breakfast items. It might not have been a great day but it sure could have been a lot worse.

Thanks for reading!

Jan

mouseketeer mom
03-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh poor Sierra! No one should get sick at Disney! That's awful though..that happened to my then 5 yr old son on one of our first trips to the world. It took him a couple of days to feel better. Sounds like you guys made the best of it though!

faline
03-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Sorry it was such a hard day for Sierra! Hopefully, she is feeling well again soon!

yjgirl32
03-05-2010, 07:26 PM
So sorry to hear about Sierra. My ds had an ear infection before we arrived and it did put a slight damper on some of our plans. Hope the rest of the time went better. Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
03-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Ah, I remember that age when DS would for no apparent reason get sick at Disney. It's difficult to know if they're really ill (as in picked up a bug somewhere) or if their change in schedule & overall excitement contributes to the ickies. At any rate, I'm sorry that Sierra just wasn't herself today. Wonderful that the CM at BD went above & beyond to get her some ginger ale to settle her stomach, and I'm pleased to hear that you were able to rebook your ADRs to fit the unexpected change in your schedule. It doesn't hurt that Sierra also snagged a new outfit in the process, huh? :D I'm hoping that Sierra is all better by tomorrow! :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Sorry to hear about Sierra.