PDA

View Full Version : Gad Question - Birth Certificate Needed?

GoDuke#1
03-05-2010, 08:21 AM
I was just looking at the certificate I printed to turn in for our GAD ticket. It states if a child is under 18 we have to have their birth certificate in order to get the pass. Does anyone know if this is fact? I hate to think I have to bring a copy of my childs birth certificate with me on vacation and turn in to "strangers" to get a free day. I worry about identity theft. Has anyone had to do this?

NoDramaMama
03-05-2010, 08:44 AM
You just have to show it to them. They don't copy it or anything like that. They just want to know that the person redeeming the voucher is the person ON the voucher. Not really any different than presenting your Driver's License, imo.

KylesMom
03-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Does anyone know if this is fact? Yes, this is one of the key requirements for the promotion. The same was required for the free birthday promotion last year. Directly from the GAD site:

For children under 18 who do not have any of the previous listed IDs, a copy of a Birth Certificate is acceptable. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed Government-Issued Photo IDs and will not be accepted.
The only way around this would be to get your child a state-issued identification card. Another blurb from the Get-A-Day promotion site:
What if I forget my child's proof of identification when I visit the theme park to redeem his or her voucher? Unfortunately, a voucher cannot be redeemed without proof of identification for children or adults.