PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on a resort lunch choice

Mendelson
03-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I will be in WDW for a short work-related trip on 3/11 - 3/13. I will have time for lunch on Saturday at one of the resorts.

Anyone like to offer up any recommendations? As I look around I see that a number of resort eateries are closed for lunch. Hmm. I'm thinking Kona or Concourse Steakhouse, cause they're easy to get to and I've never been to either. Any strong suggestions (on places that are opened for lunch)?

Scar
03-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Concourse Steakhouse is not open for lunch. In fact, it's not open for breakfast, dinner, or any other meal.

I think the most options for lunch at a resort is at the Epcot resort area. I don't really have any other advice as I'm usually in a park for lunch.

Mendelson
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Well that makes crossing off that one easy!

mouseketeer mom
03-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Kona's is a wonderful lunch choice, but even better is Beaches n Cream. Perfect lunch fare, and pair it with a delicious milk shake! Beaches n Cream is located at the Beach Club.

Mendelson
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
D'oh....now see, why didn't I think of Beaches n Cream...great idea. And I've never been there. And maybe if I order nothing else, I can down a Kitchen Sink. Alllllll :cloud9: by :sick: my self :ack:.

jonahbear2006
03-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe. Elegant, quiet, and not pricey. While you are there you can stroll along their beautiful beach! The menu is fantastic. They have what the food network calls a hidden secret; the Grand sandwich. My husband and I both ordered it in December and were blown away. Its an open faced sandwitch with cheese boursin sauce and onion straws and OMG!!! Magnificient. I dont usually even eat meat. This is my first choice for lunch and they are easy to get into cause most people dont know the place exists. 2nd choice would be the boardwalk bakery. Whether you choose a sandwich, panini, or a caesar salad...they have what it takes to bring you back for another lunch date; add in a cheesecake brownie and your mouth will water for this place, from back home.

murphy1
03-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Grand Flo Cafe would be a great choice!!

Loweschevy
03-05-2010, 09:43 AM
I enjoy lunch frequently at Kona Cafe or the Floridian Cafe

svarhall07
03-05-2010, 05:05 PM
GRAND FLORIDIAN CAFE!! it's always our last day brunch before leaving because its so magical and delicious!

crazygoalie39
03-06-2010, 01:11 AM
A vote for Beaches and Cream here. We absolutely love this place. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
03-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Kona Cafe :tasty:

Mendelson
03-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the thoughts, but argh, the decision! I'm thinking at this point I'll have lunch at GFC (that sandwich does sound good) and then hop over to Kona for coffee and dessert. I haven't spent a whole lot of time at the Poly and might just hang out there for a bit.

SBETigg
03-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe would be my choice, too.

PopeCharming
03-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Kona is wonderful, but you probably can't go wrong with Beaches and Cream or GF Cafe, as the others have suggested.

jonahbear2006
03-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Dont get me wrong, I love beaches and cream, however, there isn't really anything special about it unless you are going for The Kitchen Sink. One of the best things about Disney is the food and so while I am there, I want to immerse myself in the things that I cannot get back home and hamburgers and fries.....well, I am not real impressed no matter how good they taste. I have yet to have eaten at Kona Cafe but I keep hearing about the Tonga Toast. Maybe next trip!