PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Dining

ljgirl
03-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Hello,

I am looking for a TS reccomendation for Epcot. We are leaving in less than 2 weeks so I am looking for something that doesn't require a way booked in advance ADR. Any hidden gems out there???

Thanks!

PittFan
03-03-2010, 03:21 PM
I would go to the online reservation site and see whats available for the dates and times you will be there. We've ALWAYS been able to get into Tutto Italia and it happens to be one of our favorite restaurants.

baby minnie's mommy
03-03-2010, 03:30 PM
You could try Tokyo Dining. It's the regular table service in Japan. The restaurant is pretty, and it has a nice view since it's on the second story of the building. We were there in February and enjoyed it. The seating is not as spacious as it looks on the Disney site, though.

pamickeys
03-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Almost always can get a table in China, and Biergarten is never filled to capacity.

luvdiznee
03-03-2010, 05:18 PM
A couple weeks ago we booked kind of close and got in Chefs de France. We were even late arriving for our ressie that day and we still got in. :mickey:

sassy2000
03-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Restaurant Marrakesh usually has openings and has good food and good entertainment.

PharmD
03-03-2010, 06:56 PM
My vote is for Teppan Edo. They have an excellent chef's that cook Hibachi Style. It's very authenticate and the food is great. I looked and found several days and times for about the time you are talking about. We ate there back in Oct. and loved it. We are going to eat there again this Oct.:thumbsup:

faline
03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
You can also go to Guest Relations the day you arrive at Epcot. They will often have some same day reservations available through that venue.

garthbarth1
03-03-2010, 09:12 PM
I agree with Teppan Edo!! The food is fresh and delicious, and always very good. We go every trip, even though we play OOP for it. The table next to us even had a female chef, which I have never seen before!! Soo good!

JerseyDad
03-03-2010, 10:19 PM
....Teppan Edo is always good.....we've eaten there every year for the past 6 yrs (even when it was first called Teppanaki). The chefs are phenominal.....and there is one in particular named Masa....who ALL hibachi chefs should aspire to. We actually had him cook for us two years in a row...and he remembered us from the previous year. It's a special place...........

...and yes we also saw a female chef there this past Jan. when we were there.

BugeyedMuggy
03-04-2010, 09:52 AM
If you want to go to an Epcot restaurant last minute I suggest you go to that restaurant and ask for openings. We went to guest relations and were told the restaurant was full and we happened to walk by and they had plenty of seating available.

SBETigg
03-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Honestly, they are all good choices. There are menus at Info Central in the Dining section. You might just look them over and see what appeals. Most of them usually have openings. Le Cellier, maybe not, or Rose & Crown toward Illuminations time. But otherwise, you might have good luck in World Showcase even as it gets closer.

lightyearfan
03-04-2010, 10:25 AM
well being that your 2 weeks out (as are we:mickey:), you probably wont get Canada, so your next bet should be Tutto italia. very good italian resturant and we will be dining there as well, if not 2nd choice would be Rose & Crowne (again if you can get in), and last but not least would be San Angel Inn, i know that Mexico gets alot of people who love it and alot who hate it, well me and dw have been there on almost every trip and have never had an issue with the food or service, plus the atmosphere is great . so top 3 are: Tutto Italia/ Rose & Crowne/ San Angel Inn

Victor

crazygoalie39
03-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I would say either Biergarten or Tutto Italia are your best bets. But, you might as well try your favorites because you never know. :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
03-04-2010, 12:10 PM
If you go to the online ADR DIsney site and you put in something like Le Cellier which you know you will not get it comes up with other suggestions as to whats available in the time frame you want.

bruin1344
03-04-2010, 01:05 PM
my favorite WS restaurants are LeCellier, Rose & Crown, and Teppan Edo. Not sure which one would be considered hidden gem. If WS countries are booked, walk over to Cape May dinner buffet at Beach Club.

Kenny1113
03-04-2010, 04:03 PM
With Less than two weeks as well, I was able to get dinner at San Angel. I wanted either that or japan. Japan was not available, she did tell me that the italian one was a available for dinner as well. :mickey:

azcavalier
03-04-2010, 04:07 PM
and last but not least would be San Angel Inn, i know that Mexico gets alot of people who love it and alot who hate it, well me and dw have been there on almost every trip and have never had an issue with the food or service, plus the atmosphere is great .

I think that most people expect it to be more "American Traditional Mexican" food and are surprised/disappointed that it's not enchiladas and burritos. I liked it, and my wife did not. She loves mexican food (grew up in Arizona) and had a hard time finding something on the menu that she wanted.

We booked at Chefs De France and Teppan Edo about two months prior to our May trip and had no problems. Le Cellier was all booked for that week, even when I gave the nice lady on the phone tons of flexible dates/times.

Pop Centurion
03-05-2010, 01:53 PM
I recommend Teppan Edo also. If you have trouble getting a dinner time resi, try a late lunch around 4:00. that's usually the case this close to your arrival date.

magicalmom
04-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Does Akkershus (sp???) in Norway still do the buffet? We really like that, and I think you could probably get in any time except when the princesses are there. Definitely Scandinavian food, and very tasty! (A cold board: Smoked fish, cheeses, etc, combined with excellent hot entrees) Also it has an old world castle atmosphere.

phlo8810
04-30-2010, 09:15 PM
I would go to the Flying Fish Cafe on the boardwalk. It's pricey but worth every penny IMO. You should be able to get in there

GoBlueLacheta
05-01-2010, 12:41 PM
If you run into a jam you can always go out of the park via the International gateway and try one of the places along the boardwalk or in the lining resorts. Beaches and Cream, ESPN Club, the new place that replaced Spoodles :-o, Flying Fish, Captain's Grille, or anywhere in the Swan or Dolphin.

WDWNut02
05-01-2010, 04:15 PM
We can usually get into San Angel no problemo! Teppan Edo or Marikesh are very good as well. Have a great trip! :mickey:

crltkcagle
05-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Mairkesh usually has plenty openings.

mom2Z&A
05-02-2010, 03:08 PM
We just got back WDW earlier this afternoon after 8 nights. We managed to get ADRs for Chefs de France and Marakesh two days prior while were there. DH enjoyed Marakesh and I enjoyed Chefs. Both were nice.

Superzeus84
05-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Wish I could be more help, but at epcot i have only eaten at Le Cellier, Coral Reef, San Angel Inn. I think it might be too late for you to get a reservation at LC and CR, but you might want to try San Angel you might be able to get in. I thought that they had pretty good mexican food if your into that type of thing

angel2931
05-02-2010, 09:06 PM
The sit down restaurant in China is YUMMY! We have eaten there a bunch of times, and would definitely recommend it. I think we have actually gotten reservations the same day there. We have had lunch at the Biergarten in Germany as well... delicious!! Le Cellier is the best, but usually booked well in advance. San Angel Inn was good too! I think thats all the restaurants I have eaten at in the WS. (Well except the old Italian Restaurant thats not there anymore). Enjoy!! :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
05-03-2010, 12:11 PM
If you like German food or are willing to give it a try, it is easier to get into than many other of the EPCOT restaurants.

lettripp
05-03-2010, 12:22 PM
If you like German food or are willing to give it a try, it is easier to get into than many other of the EPCOT restaurants.

Agreed! This is what we did when we realized we had an extra table service. You may get stuck with an odd time (like 2 or 3pm) but the food is totally worth altering your schedule.

acetate
05-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Dont let the whole ADR thing scare you off of just walking up and asking if there's an opening. People cancel or dont show up all the the time. Last time in Epcot (2008) we walked into Coral Reef and the Garden Grill with no ressie at all. Coral Reef had cancellations and garden Grill let us in because of the size of our paty, which was 3. It never hurts to walk up and ask.

Fastpasssteve
05-03-2010, 10:30 PM
I suggest two table-service options:

The first is Marrekesh. It usually has openings, has delicious food and atmosphere, and has live music and belly dancers. Cool!

The second is the Garden Grill in The Land. All the veggies are grown there on-site. The food is not fancy, but it is delicious, plentiful (all-one-can-eat) and is a character dining location. Farmer Mickey is there, as well as Goofy, and Chip & Dale. Because it is a smaller restaurant, one gets at least two opportunities to spend time with the characters. Oh, did I mention the entire restaurant slowly rotates during your entire meal...one gets to see scenes from "The Land" boat ride on the lower level. Double cool!