PDA

View Full Version : transportation to Universal

donnine
03-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Is it less expensive to rent a car for one day or get a cab from a Disney resort to Universal Studios? We are flying and using Disney's Magical Express.:confused:

BigRedDad
03-03-2010, 11:42 AM
You can get good rental deals as long as you don't mind where you rent from Hot Wire always has cheap cars. Our neighbor just got a rental for a week for $125 with unlimited miles and insurance.

MMFreak
03-03-2010, 12:43 PM
You may want to check as I do believe that there used to be a shuttle from Downtown Disney to Universal.

I may be mistaken or they may not do this anymore and if not I apologize in advance if I am wrong.

MMFreak
03-03-2010, 12:46 PM
I found this somewhere else...

"Mears will take you right from your hotel to / from Universal. R/T is $17 800 759-5219. Very relaible - I've used them for several years to go to Universal, Seaworld and even Busch Gardens"

Patricia
03-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I've used Mears. They pick up at your resort and bring you back when your ready to leave. It was easy and convenient.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
03-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Make sure that you check the times for Lynx.

We wanted to go to Universal in October of 2008 and decided to call Lynx and see what buses & times were available. They told us it would be an 45 minute ride to Universal with a half mile walk to the park. The big loosing part that they told us was that coming back to Disney would be about an hour on the bus plus about 2 miles worth of walking in between bus stops that were still being picked up at after closing at Universal. Cheap yes, but there was no way this was convient for us. They may have changed by now, but be certain you check riding times and walking distances in between stops.

You could call them or even get on their website to verify.

Good luck!

Dream'nDisney
03-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Mears shuttle $17 round trip??? We took them from BC in 2006 round trip to Sea World, and I know it was around $50+/- (maybe that was with a tip) for the 4 of us. When we were at Sea World, we were told to call about an hour before we were ready to come back to YC, and they would be where the cabs are. Unfortunately, they never came. We went over to one of the Mears cab drivers and he called the main office. The office told him to just take us back. It all worked out okay, but delayed us about a half hour resolving the issue of them forgetting us.

Dream'nDisney
03-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I joined the National's Emereld Club and found a one day reservation for a base price of $29. However, reserving it the same hours a few days later jumps to a base price of $48. This National location was at the Dolphin Hotel. I'm not sure about this location, but the National location near MK has a free shuttle that picks you up from your resort and brings you to their counter.