PDA

View Full Version : Disney Give a Day, how it worked for us

murphy1
03-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Since there have been a few questions already, I thought it might be good to offer our experiences on this subject. Here is ours (in another prior post that I answered, so it is specific to that person that had questions), we will use them in June:

We have completed our project and I have the vouchers. Our process went very smoothly. The organization you are working with will email you about the project once you have registered. We heard from our organization very quickly. I emailed the lady when I mailed our completed project, put a note in with it when I mailed it (quilts) and also kept copies of all my correspondence, emails and just jotted down what we did for my own self. I am sure since it is in person, they are aware of what needs to be done. Once you are done, they let Disney know and you will get an email from Disney that you need to redeem your voucher (which you will take to the park with you). It really went well for us. If you have kids, you need to bring their birth certificates to the park as proof. My neighbor is doing the same project you are. You can use a driver's licence for your ID proof. It worked very similar to the birthday promo they did last year.

Patricia
03-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Just a heads up for any others with dates further out...

When I went to sign up it wouldn't allow me as my date is more than 60 days out. My volunteer date is not till June, so I will not be able to sign up for it till April.

I guess we'll have to hope there are still tickets left.

mermaidmarian
03-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Birth certificates as proof for children? That's kind of over the top. Is that in the FAQ? I missed it.

murphy1
03-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes, in there under terms and conditions, you can bring a copy:

Valid ID is one of the following: valid Government Issued Passport, valid Driver’s License including a photo, or valid Government Issued Photo ID. For children under 18 who do not have any of the previous listed IDs, a copy of a Birth Certificate is acceptable. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed Government-Issued Photo IDs and will not be accepted.

Catzle
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Just got a phone call that said Disney was stopping the give a day get a day. It was on my recorder for some where we had signed up for. Wonder if they have already met their quota?

thank goodness we already did it through another group.

momofdisneyprincess
03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
For the PP, yes Disney has met their quota.