PDA

View Full Version : Give a Day Question

georger
03-03-2010, 06:18 AM
We are participating in the Give a Day program. We picked an activity, signed up through the appropriate website and then we were sent on to the Hands on website to continue the sign-up process. We also got the VOP (I think that's what it's called) email with the details about our project. My question is will we hear directly from the organization we are helping? Our project involves collecting school supplies for needy kids. Basically, the work involves collecting the supplies and then dropping them off on a certain day. Does anyone know about this? Also, do we need to get some kind of proof from the organization that we made our "drop off" so that if there's a mix up somewhere we have some kind of documentation? Thanks for any help you can offer....

murphy1
03-03-2010, 09:26 AM
We have completed our project and I have the vouchers. Our process went very smoothly. The organization you are working with will email you about the project. We heard from ours very quickly. I emailed the lady when I mailed our completed project, put a note in with it when I mailed it (quilts) and also kept copies of all my correspondence, emails and just jotted down what we did for my own self. I am sure since it is in person, they are aware of what needs to be done. Once you are done, they let Disney know and you will get an email from Disney that you need to redeem your voucher (which you will take to the park with you). It really went well for us. If you have kids, you need to bring their birth certificates to the park as proof. My neighbor is doing the same project you are.

bkfree
03-03-2010, 10:03 AM
How do I find out what the Give A Day programs are in our area?

We are going to Orlando in Sept. but staying onsite at Universal and had not planned on WDW this trip.
BUT, free tickets for a day might be a very special addition.

MarkC
03-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Go to www.disneyparks.com and its plastered right on the main page. Click on it and then click on "start now". On the lower left you can type in your zip code, and it will pull up all the activities in your area. Its pretty easy to find.