PDA

View Full Version : wheelchair rental in MK

homeschool mom
03-03-2010, 05:54 AM
We are driving to WDW in May and taking along my recently widowed mom to visit her sister in Largo, FL. We decided Mom may enjoy a day in the park since she has never been to WDW so she will be going with us to MK on the day we arrive. We will be there sometime in the morning since we are staying with family 2 hours north of Orlando the night before.

My question is this, how hard will it be to rent a wheelchair at MK if we don't arrive until mid-morning? Mom is not wheelchair bound, but can't do all of the walking that will be required and I don't want her to be uncomfortable. Also, is it possible to rent wheelchairs at any locations inside the parks if she decides to try the walking and then finds she needs one?

faline
03-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Disney says that wheelchair rentals are on a first come, first serve basis. However, I've not heard of any times that they have actually run out of chairs to rent.

There is only one location within the Magic Kingdom to rent a wheelchair and that is at the entrance to the park. If you are elsewhere in the park, someone would need to return to the front of the park to request a rental.

The Magic Kingdom is probably the park that is easiest on the feet. Most attractions are located within just a short distance from the previous attraction. Except for the possibility of long lines to stand in, your next opportunity to sit down for an attraction is not far from your prior one.